This is my first time attempting to create a follower and sorry for any spelling errors.

I was following a guide on how to create a standalone follower and it was pretty easy to follow, and

then when I go into game he seemed okay at first so I decided to see if there was a neck seam or gap.

At first I didn't really notice it until I got a closer look and seen that his neck looked a little bit off.

Front View

48410813666_1b9c3b179b_c.jpg

Side View

48410959427_c2ce467a7f_c.jpg

I've already tried to change his weight and nothing happens as the neck gap and seam are still there.

Tried to export his face again and nothing changed.

Here are the list of mods I'm using for his textures and meshes

SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim

Fair Skin for Men overhaul textures

Pretty Face for Male

So I'm just wondering if the mods I'm using for him aren't compatible or if it's something else I'm not doing correctly.

Hello, just to make sure -- when you created the head, what was the weight of the character? If for example your character is 50 (or .5 in Racemenu), you need to set the weight of the NPC actor in the Creation Kit to match the weight of the head = 50. Neck "gaps" are usually caused by a discrepancy of the weight of the NPC and the weight of the exported head sculpt. Forgive if you already knew that, or figured it out already :smile:

I have made it a habit of creating an NPC file when I'm done creating a head sculpt in RaceMenu.

This video on how to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8RVPz873ww

Once I have my .NPC file -- which saves information like: weight, skin color, hair color, etc. -- I then import that file into the CK, like the video mentioned above.

The video says to use savepcface but you can also use spf.

If the weights are good and it's still got a gap, it could maybe the SOS body mesh -- best way to test that is to maybe not use SOS and go vanilla and see if you still get a gap when using vanilla body meshes.

Edited by justinglen75