A three dimensional interview - mathy79

BigBizkit

What's your workflow now and what was it before you accessed the other softwares(the ones beside Blender)?

Also, how do you export models from Blender into Nifskope? Older Blender version or some other way?

What are some time saving tips and tricks you wish you knew in the beginning?

What game model centric things should be kept in mind(aside from the general "keep it low poly")? Then again, how do you decide what is low or acceptable poly for the object you're doing?

Thanks for your work and mods. :)

Edited by Sorlomon

In response to post #72385403. #72394408 is also a reply to the same post.

Sorlomon wrote: What's your workflow now and what was it before you accessed the other softwares(the ones beside Blender)?

Also, how do you export models from Blender into Nifskope? Older Blender version or some other way?

What game model centric things should be kept in mind(aside from the general "keep it low poly")? Then again, how do you decide what is low or acceptable poly for the object you're doing?

mathy79 wrote: And don’t get me wrong , I’d be happy to share my workflow but it’s very different for every type of model. If u could be more specific I would provide all the info, although to be honest it would be too technical to be an interesting reading

What's your workflow now and what was it before you accessed the other softwares(the ones beside Blender)?

Depends on the object, not sure how to answer that

blender 2.79b and the nif plugin then upgrade to SSE format win NifOptimizer. From 3ds max it goes directly to sse nif, no upgrading required.

I wish i knew about weight painting and how it affects certain parts of a mesh during wind animations, so that i wouldn't have to paint all my trees and plants from scratch. Many hours wasted over this.

As a general rule of thump , bethesda x 2 is a very acceptable polycount for most objects. SSE can handle it with no issues. For objects that are only found in interiors you can go a bit higher. I am trying to find some balance between good looks and low poly count , this is the essence of gaming modelling. Edited by mathy79

In response to post #72385403. #72388058 is also a reply to the same post.

Sorlomon wrote: What's your workflow now and what was it before you accessed the other softwares(the ones beside Blender)?

mathy79 wrote: What's your workflow now and what was it before you accessed the other softwares(the ones beside Blender)?

Depends on the object, not sure how to answer that

blender 2.79b and the nif plugin then upgrade to SSE format win NifOptimizer. From 3ds max it goes directly to sse nif, no upgrading required.

I wish i knew about weight painting and how its affects certain parts of a mesh during wind animations, so that i wouldn't have to paint all my trees from scratch. Many hours lost on this.

A general rule of thump , bethesda x 2 is a very acceptable polycount for most objects. SSE can handle it with no issues. For objects that are only found in interiors can go a bit higher. I am trying to find some balance between good looks and low poly count , this is the essence of gaming modelling.

And don’t get me wrong , I’d be happy to share my workflow but it’s very different for every type of model. If u could be more specific I would provide all the info, although to be honest it would be too technical to be an interesting reading Edited by mathy79