A three dimensional interview - mathy79

BigBizkit

Recently many people in Skyrim community seems to be picky (on the other hand, that is because a lot of interesting players who ever endorsed very old mods like Dovahkiin Hideout, have left Skyrim, after all it's about 8 years). They use very horrible attitude to make uploaders wrong, or simply ignore your work.

Some modders got a big honor, because they truly deserved it, including you, Mathy.

However, I'd rather agree with the banned user, LH's viewpoint about the community. He doesn't think this is a good place to deal with people, but merely a big place to download most of mods.

Finally, I think I should appreciate you, Mathy, and else other modellers who shared how they learned modelling. You make many people have more clear vision to start an owned 3D model.

In response to post #72689263.

re32767 wrote: Recently many people in Skyrim community seems to be picky (on the other hand, that is because a lot of interesting players who ever endorsed very old mods like Dovahkiin Hideout, have left Skyrim, after all it's about 8 years). They use very horrible attitude to make uploaders wrong, or simply ignore your work.

Some modders got a big honor, because they truly deserved it, including you, Mathy.

However, I'd rather agree with the banned user, LH's viewpoint about the community. He doesn't think this is a good place to deal with people, but merely a big place to download most of mods.

Finally, I think I should appreciate you, Mathy, and else other modellers who shared how they learned modelling. You make many people have more clear vision to start an owned 3D model.

I uploaded a mod, the Medieval Lanterns, lots of work involved. I added lanterns in locations that are hooked on quests, locations that don't exist until the quest is triggered. Lots of flying lanterns in the middle of knowhere and no idea how to fix it. A few hours later, a user 'journeyman' that i have never spoken to before, sends me a properly fixed .esp with the all the edits required. This is 3 hours work, maybe more.
Another few hours later, another user i have never spoken too before, 'tarlazo', sends me a compiled script for full MCM support. Next day, 'teabag' spends 5 hours with me in discord in an effort to set up a patch for the JK mod.

I dont know these people, never exchanged a pm with them before, yet they provide their time and wisdom out of the blue. Its a perfect place to deal with people.

In response to post #72689263. #72725933 is also a reply to the same post.

re32767 wrote: Recently many people in Skyrim community seems to be picky (on the other hand, that is because a lot of interesting players who ever endorsed very old mods like Dovahkiin Hideout, have left Skyrim, after all it's about 8 years). They use very horrible attitude to make uploaders wrong, or simply ignore your work.

mathy79 wrote: I uploaded a mod, the Medieval Lanterns, lots of work involved. I added lanterns in locations that are hooked on quests, locations that don't exist until the quest is triggered. Lots of flying lanterns in the middle of knowhere and no idea how to fix it. A few hours later, a user 'journeyman' that i have never spoken to before, sends me a properly fixed .esp with the all the edits required. This is 3 hours work, maybe more.
Another few hours later, another user i have never spoken too before, 'tarlazo', sends me a compiled script for full MCM support. Next day, 'teabag' spends 5 hours with me in discord in an effort to set up a patch for the JK mod.

I dont know these people, never exchanged a pm with them before, yet they provide their time and wisdom out of the blue. Its a perfect place to deal with people.

You described what might happen on Nexus. Yes, there are still a lot of very nice people here and I believe most of them are modders. We all know this is a free place where could not avoid those un-polite people. I will not use "perfect" to describe this place.