• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

NoiraFayn

NoiraFayn

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 344 posts

Hi everyone !  :smile: 

I want to create a mod that changes the hair style depending on what Shepard wears : an armor or a casual outfit. The idea behind this is to prevent long hair passing through the armor.

I tried several methods to do this, but without success.

Method 1 :

- replace Shepard hair by a tied hair model. This model is used by default and is visible when Shepard wears an armor (with or without a helmet). OK

- add an untied hair mesh to casual outfits models. OK

- hide Shepard hair on casual outfits == hide the tied hair used with armors. Not OK I tried to add the option "bHideHair=True" on casual outfits in the coalsced.bin file but it didn't work.

Method 2:

- replace Shepard hair by a an empty hair model. OK

- add a tied hair mesh to helmet models. OK

- Edit the "no Helmet" mode so it uses a new helmet model which is my tied hair model. Not OK I don't  how to do this, or even if it is possible.

If you have any idea that could help me, please let me know : this problem drives me crazy  :wallbash: 

Jenya66

Jenya66

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Hi everyone !  :smile: 

I want to create a mod that changes the hair style depending on what Shepard wears : an armor or a casual outfit. The idea behind this is to prevent long hair passing through the armor.

I tried several methods to do this, but without success.

Method 1 :

- replace Shepard hair by a tied hair model. This model is used by default and is visible when Shepard wears an armor (with or without a helmet). OK

- hide Shepard hair on casual outfits == hide the tied hair used with armors. Not OK I tried to add the option "bHideHair=True" on casual outfits in the coalsced.bin file but it didn't work.

Method 2:

- replace Shepard hair by a an empty hair model. OK

- add a tied hair mesh to helmet models. OK

- Edit the "no Helmet" mode so it uses a new helmet model which is my tied hair model. Not OK I don't  how to do this, or even if it is possible.

If you have any idea that could help me, please let me know : this problem drives me crazy  :wallbash: 

Well I was thinking about that too and came to that conclusion. Use the long untied hair as the regular one and add some of the tied hair as a shoulder piece. Shoulder piece should also have "bHideHair=True" so the untied hair would be invisible. If you do it that way, you should have no problems with wearing visors.

NoiraFayn

NoiraFayn

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 344 posts
Thanks for your reply.
I thought about this solution too but there is still a problem with cutscenes when Shepard wears an armor : the "no helmet" mode is applied so we see the untied and tied hair at the same time. I tried to change the no helmet properties but it causes bugs.
I thought about trying to define a casual outfit as an armor model so I could use the bhidehair parameter on it (and also apply a different hair style on each casual outfit)
If you have any suggestion please let me know :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hide, hair, casual, outfit, bhidehair

Page loaded in: 1.068 seconds