So like a quasi-noobie I was doing some cleaning/editing of dirty mod edits with FNVedit and here after Vortex detected these changes and like a spas I rushed through prompt about wanting to apply these changes or revert them.

I clicked apply not thinking about the ramifications and little did I know a bunch of mod ESP files were deleted and Vortex states that I have a bunch of missing mod masters all of a sudden.

Is there any way to get back those clean mod ESP files that vortex deleted or am I screwed and have to start over from scratch with some Fallout New Vegas mod reinstalling?

What is supposed to happen when Vortex detects modified ESPs and you select Apply:

1) Vortex will delete from the mod any ESPs or other files you manually deleted.

2) Vortex will copy your modified files back to the mod, replacing what you installed from the Archive.

3) Vortex will NOT delete files from the mod that were unmodified.

Selecting Reinstall from the mod dropdown will refresh the mod and all files will be back to what they were originally.

Deploy will make the game directory match the mod folder. It should handle conflicts from your manual update.

This is all assuming import from NMM was not part of your process.

Is this Version 1.0 of Vortex?

Because if it's deleting Edited ESPs, why in the world would I want to use it anymore?

98% of my load order has edited esps.

It was indeed version 1.0.0

What is supposed to happen when Vortex detects modified ESPs and you select Apply:

1) Vortex will delete from the mod any ESPs or other files you manually deleted.

2) Vortex will copy your modified files back to the mod, replacing what you installed from the Archive.

Selecting Reinstall from the mod dropdown will refresh the mod and all files will be back to what they were originally.

Deploy will make the game directory match the mod folder. It should handle conflicts from your manual update.

The files were not imported from NMM and also edited esm files got deleted to. Luckily, I think FNVedit has successful backups of the edited files

Because if it's deleting Edited ESPs, why in the world would I want to use it anymore?

The files were not imported from NMM and also edited esm files got deleted to. Luckily, I think FNVedit has successful backups of the edited files

So.....which option did you pick on the files when they got deleted?

Did you pick REVERT, SAVE CHANGES, or USE NEWER FILE?

So.....which option did you pick on the files when they got deleted?

Did you pick REVERT, SAVE CHANGES, or USE NEWER FILE?

Save changes