423 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270,024 posts
Elex Overhaul

Elex Overhaul is a mod that aims to fix many balance issues that exist in the game. It introduces new playstyles, balances existing ones and adds variety to the arsenal of weapons at player disposal.

BigBadPig

BigBadPig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
I'd like to thank you just for TRYING to fix this amazing, but sadly very unbalanced game! I'll be giving your mod a go as soon as I can (real life comes first - for now), because your changes look wonderful, but in the mean time, a small request/proposal: have you thought about fixing the game's parrying system? I was thinking along the lines of lowering the stamina needed for that last second parrying maneuver (to me it's a bit silly, having the same amount of stamina burnt on a parry as opposed to, you know, full body roll), and/or increasing the stagger caused by the parry, or maybe increasing the damage caused by a follow up attack... something like that, IF at all possible. That would REALLY make my day, because as of now parrying (with a two-handed weapon, don't know about the shields) is a waste of time outside single combat, and even then it's basically not a winning strategy at all, even at higher weapon/armor/character levels - which is a big letdown, if you ask me.
What do you say?

matr0x

matr0x

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
In response to post #72232898.

Spoiler

Thank you for your kind words :) I hope you'll like the mod once you have the time to try it. As for your proposal: its a great idea and implementing this would definitely improve on the melee combat system. I don't think that increasing the damage of the follow up attack can be done, but I will look into modifying the stamina cost for various actions, including parrying. It also bugged me that every action consumes the same amount of stamina. If I find a way to change this, I will definitely add this feature to the mod. Thanks for your suggestion, cheers!

harryagamez

harryagamez

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
Thank you very much for this mod. Does the mod modify the language in any way? I play with spanish texts and I would not like to have spaniglish in my game. Btw, I have an idea for your mod. Visible helmets/hoods/etc during dialogs. Another mod already achieved it. Maybe you could change that in your mod (The other mod also modify balance in the game so it's not possible to use both mods).

joanso

joanso

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey! This looks awesome. I was complaining about the weapon diversity early game, just yesterday. Then I checked today, and bam, new mod! One question, is it compatible with another rebalance mod?

BigBadPig

BigBadPig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
In response to post #72232898. #72234128 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Great! Will be looking forward to it.

Lawtenant

Lawtenant

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi! Micro-feedback while playtesting, noticed small Elex potions still give 100XP while they should be giving 200XP according to your guide.

Long feedback - AWESOME work and kudos for making this mod! Been stalking the nexus for over a year waiting for a brave soul to do a quality Elex overhaul :P. I've just started playing and only got to Goliet so I'll be sure to keep and eye out for all the changes to stats and report my experience as a player. For now, nerfs to all the cheesy stuff and buffs to underused stuff is very much appreciated from my side.

Saw a comment below with the parrying stamina reduction, I agree completely. It would give players an incentive to try skill-based dueling rather than darksoulsy rolling. MAYBE even... make succesful parries restore stamina? Isn't realistic bit it would make the mechanic even more viable for staying in melee without taking a 5 second break between combos. Dunno if the editor supports modding parries to restore instead of spend stamina, tho.

Personal note - a massive change that I feel would make Elex an excellent RPG would be... no restocking Elex at shops. This is unfortunately still very, very immersion breaking for me. Once you have money, of course you need to spend it on something and that intent of the developers is pretty clear. But constantly buying Elex from the same merchant who magically restocks it is killing me :'(. This is a humble request that I don't believe is doable in your current vision of the mod (because of all the adjustments you've already made to Elex pots), but if you made mining Elex and hunting mutants for Elex more rewarding, while removing shop restocks, this game would be almost perfect for me. Such a huge change would also require tweaking (down) stat requirements for items (and playtesting it) as Jax' endgame attribute total would be far less without restocking Elex at shops. I realize this would take massive effort, but a man can dream :D. I am just sharing it in case there is a small chance that you (matr0x) get inspired for an additional overhaul.

Cheers and thank you very much!

Edited by Lawtenant, 04 August 2019 - 09:38 AM.

BigBadPig

BigBadPig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
Well, purely by chance I think I did find a way to indirectly buff parry... In the file called PC_Hero. elextpl there are the following lines:
int BonusParadePower = 0;
int BonusParadePowerModify = 0;
int ParadeAbility = 40;
int ParadeAbilityModify = 0;
Could that be it? Still searching for a file to modify stamina consumption itself, would want that to happen before I start a playthrough with the mod...

P.S. Nope, scratch that. Did some testing myself, none of the values change ja(x)ck...

Edited by BigBadPig, 04 August 2019 - 11:13 AM.

matr0x

matr0x

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
In response to post #72256003.

Spoiler

I'm glad you like the mod :) In terms of weapon diversity, you have now a lot more to choose from. Stat requirement for all weapons have been adjusted to allow the player to use them early on. I have found this necessary to roleplay the character the way I want from the start.

Unfortunately, Elex Overhaul changes a lot of the same things that Another Rebalance Mod does. Since they modify the same files, they cannot be used together. One mod will always overwrite the changes from the other.

But with a little effort they are ways to merge the mods so that you can pick and choose which features you like from both mods. Send me an email to [email protected] and I can send you instructions on how you could achieve this.

matr0x

matr0x

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
In response to post #72277218.

Spoiler

I am glad you like the mod :) Thank you for pointing out the Small Elex potion issue. I will release a fix for this shortly. Modifying the stamina cost is definitely on my "to do" list. There is a limit to what I can do with the files that I have access to, but maybe I will find a way around this.

As for the Elex restock situation: I feel the same way. Its way to cheap that Elex restocks infinitely. I will try to address this in the future. I noticed that Alrik has a limited Elex stock. You can only buy it from him once and it then never replenishes. I might use this as a reference to disable Elex stock refresh for other vendors.

Edited by matr0x, 04 August 2019 - 10:46 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.291 seconds