Borderlands 2

Thor.

How badass have you become in Borderlands 2 sense there is technically no level cap for the badass rank. Although i have no clue on what the level cap is. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/confused.gif

So how far have you gotten into the game, me so far as of now lv14.. ya i can't play 24hours like some people i know lol.

Have you completed the game yet or even on your second round.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering it takes 30+ hours of gameplay to complete one play through and i think thats without doing many of the side missions, anyone on the second play through already needs to take a break. slow down and enjoy the game a little.

and i swear all my friends are Commandos!!! im playing Zer0. i do have one friend who is also playing Zer0 and one more who was Gunzerker. but i have 4 friends still that are all Commandos.

for now, Zer0 is going to be my solo toon, then when me and a friend play some coop, im going Maya (and i think he said he wants to go Gunzerker) , that way we dont have to worry about staying in level with each other.

that said, im only level 10. been playing only a little bit only played for about an hour yesterday, sat on my table most of the day till i got around to playing it. and my Badass Score is 255 and im trying to focus a little on getting that up more...the level cap is 50 as far as levels go, Badass Rank, idk the cap, but it would be however much getting every achievement gives. it would eventually end. i believe the Badass ranks apply to all your characters so i wonder if you can respec them per character.

my opinions on the game so far are that the game is amazing! looks the same graphically but somehow a little sharper and better. liking the feel of the game. its the same as borderlands (which is good) but is new as well. gives a lot of little throwbacks which is nice, but isnt just a rehash. they knew what worked and it wasnt broken so they didnt fix it. its exactly what i sequel should be. it focused on the games strengths and strengthened them as well as adding a few touches here and there to improve as well as some new stuff. liking the weapons and skills. the controls for driving are MUCH tighter now. and the game is WAY WAY bigger. cant wait to get further in the game and then later start cooping with my friend!

Edited by hoofhearted4

about 9-10 hours, 2 characters both lvl 11, First was the Assassin guy, but he sucks at solo, so switched to the Commando at lvl 11 about the same place and hes far better, Turret> vanishing for a couple of seconds (at least old Lilith regened health in phase shift. Badass score about 450-480.

Graphics seem a little to much Cell Shaded at times and makes it hard to focus on stuff, there also to much crap like shields showing damage and other stuff, it gets annoying at times. All in all very fun game though, not sure If I like it better then the first though.

PS. Anyone else having problems finding games or quick matches on steam? mine keeps showing no results on either :(

about 9-10 hours, 2 characters both lvl 11, First was the Assassin guy, but he sucks at solo, so switched to the Commando at lvl 11 about the same place and hes far better, Turret> vanishing for a couple of seconds (at least old Lilith regened health in phase shift. Badass score about 450-480.

Zer0 can regen while in his Phase thingy too. just like Lilith you have to upgrade it to do that. ive been loving his Ult. very fun and you can do some extreme damage even at low levels (im only level 10 with him and i can one hit most enemies with his Ult)

im also trying out Maya, will be cooping with a friend with her, but ive been messing around with her online a little too. just got to level 5 with her, havent used her Ult yet. just like the original Borderlands, most people seem to be going with the Commando, which is partially why im staying away from him for now :P also cant wait for the Mechromancer to come out in a few weeks. hopefully ive beat the game by then so i can play her!!!

(just a note to Micalov, Me and Thor both have this on PS3, so i cant say anything about matchmaking with Steam but on Ps3 there hasnt been any issues yet)

Edited by hoofhearted4

Hm, still could not find any health regen minus when you kill an enemy on the Assassin, but I am having a blast on the Commando, its getting more and more fun. Presently trying to kill the Constructor :D

Currently at lv 18 with commando http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/yes.gif Don't forget to spend your badass rank tokens. Edited by Thor.

Hm, still could not find any health regen minus when you kill an enemy on the Assassin, but I am having a blast on the Commando, its getting more and more fun. Presently trying to kill the Constructor :D

its called Innervate. its in the Cunning Tree 4th tier. you cant unlock it until level 20. its not as much Regen as Lilith (then again she was arguably OP) but its up to 4% per sec (where Lilith was 7% per sec) in fact this ability makes you more like Phasewalk because you get a +35% movement speed.

so ive had this really random yet annoying problem, its happened twice now. ill have a weapon in my third slot and ill log out and log back in, and poof its gone. i didnt sell it accidentally cause if i wasnt pay attention to what i was selling, the weapon in my first slot would be gone and not my third slot. this has happened to me twice now, both times with decent weapons. kinda sucks really as idk why its happening.

Edited by hoofhearted4

The commando has health regen at the beginning plus class mods to help it regain faster..

Also Marcus cough not Jakob stole one of my really good elemental weapons during that shooting practice quest. Small spoiler http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

Edited by Thor.

I gotta say, I saw a review of this during the week and they described it as an "almost perfect sequal" I have to say, having played it, I agree wholeheartedly. All the rough edges have been polished out, it's a stunning game.

Probably the most changed feature are the vehicles-the weakness of B1, and a strength of B2. The critical change they've made is that they're now fun. The original Runner was useless in combat-it's hyper slow health regen, pitiful damage and woeful accuracy meant you were better off on foot with a crappy pistol. In B2 even the Light Runner can dish out some quite impressive damage by way of a vastly improved rate of fire, ggreatly improved damage per shot, and improved accuracy and turret tracking. Critically they've also greatly improved vehicle physics-now you can have some real fun with them, as while they're far from realistic, they can now slide, jump and bounce around. With some forceful driving you can get them into some ridiculous places, now that they bump over rocks, rather than being stopped dead by invisible walls from them.

Also improved is the high level gear, which has been heavily made-over with better skins. The high level guns look truly sexy now, with exposed carbon fibre, glittering unblemished paint, and a slew of bright, colourful paint schemes including colour-shift paint and bubblegum pink.

I was also really amazed by the quality of the collector's edition-some good in-game stuff right away, a big bonus loot chest, and free DLC when available. Gearbox really did a good job.

The commando has health regen at the beginning plus class mods to help it regain faster..

Also Jakob stole one of my really good elemental weapons during that shooting practice quest. Small spoiler http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

You mean Marcus* Jakobs is a gun company lol. and yea im pretty sure thats where my first gun went. the second gun was an E-Tech gun that went byebye. the two guns you get from they key from pre order are extremely OP though. you only get one key across all characters though so my solo toon looks like he will be having a cake walk, at least through for a little while. i got a shotgun and a sniper. the sniper does like 189 dmg with fire element. the shotgun though is whats so strong. its like 83x15 IIRC, with explosive element. (another thing they tweaked in B2, Explosive Ele is now something good to have)

oh and has anyone gotten a Rocket Launcher yet? i got one, does like 1500+ damage, 3 rounds and god damn is it a huge change from B1, sooo good. no element even, just raw damage.