Borderlands 2

Thor.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I got with my gold keys were a slightly better shield in the first one and two purple pistols in the second. The pistols were nothing special either, so I was a little underwhelmed.

howd u get more then one key?!?!

idk, maybe i was just lucky, cause the two purple weapons i got are damn good. as i said, will prolly hold me over through most of the game. though i wont complain when i start finding better stuff. i always love finding new stuff :P

All I got with my gold keys were a slightly better shield in the first one and two purple pistols in the second. The pistols were nothing special either, so I was a little underwhelmed.

howd u get more then one key?!?!

idk, maybe i was just lucky, cause the two purple weapons i got are damn good. as i said, will prolly hold me over through most of the game. though i wont complain when i start finding better stuff. i always love finding new stuff :P

Register with the gearbox service through the game. Click the extras button in the main menu.

Anyways back to borderlands 2 and its epic game play, sure beats Skyrim at points. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif Edited by Thor.

I've played for a couple of hours with a friend and I must admit, I'm underwhelmed. It plays more like a DLC for the original Borderlands than a new game.

The UI is still as clunky and horrible as ever. It's still just as hard to compare your current weapons and items against new items quickly (my god, games have been doing this properly for years now). You still have to do stupid things like click to pick-up cash rather than just have it automatically pick up and worst of all, you still share loot with others. If Diablo 3 gave the world one good thing it was user-specific loot so you weren't always rushing to beat your friends to those rare items. That rare item was yours and no one else's. Why the HELL isn't that in Borderlands 2?

The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but this is meant to be better than the last one, more advanced, more friendly. more polished, less nit-picky. I don't think it's better than the last one at all. I think it's exactly the same as the last one. Which isn't bad, it's just extremely underwhelming.

I blame current gen consoles for lack of innovation, although its each to there own, i find it quite enjoyable. Now if they used the new fox engine for borderlands 3, now that would be something. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

One thing they really improved on is the surround, its brilliant with a 7.1 surround system http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif, best surround effects so far out of any game I've played. Except gt5 though. even pc..

I own the ps3 version http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Edited by Thor.

I've played for a couple of hours with a friend and I must admit, I'm underwhelmed. It plays more like a DLC for the original Borderlands than a new game.

The UI is still as clunky and horrible as ever. It's still just as hard to compare your current weapons and items against new items quickly (my god, games have been doing this properly for years now). You still have to do stupid things like click to pick-up cash rather than just have it automatically pick up and worst of all, you still share loot with others. If Diablo 3 gave the world one good thing it was user-specific loot so you weren't always rushing to beat your friends to those rare items. That rare item was yours and no one else's. Why the HELL isn't that in Borderlands 2?

The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but this is meant to be better than the last one, more advanced, more friendly. more polished, less nit-picky. I don't think it's better than the last one at all. I think it's exactly the same as the last one. Which isn't bad, it's just extremely underwhelming.

i disagree with almost everything you said. the UI is different. it takes a little bit to get used to, but i find it just as easy to use as the first one, and its 10x better when playing split screen. no more having to move the menu around just to see it. idk if you found it easy to compare weapons in the first one or not, but i did. and maybe its because i played for hundreds of hours and just got used to it. i find it just as easy in this one. takes me longer cause there is more info on each little stat card, plus new things to look at/for, but i havent felt flustered by it or any of the UI at all. you dont have to click to pick up cash. not always anyways. when you open a chest, you click to pick it up. when you break something open or an enemy drops it, it goes to you. same thing with ammo. not sure why it being in a chest or something has to do with it, but yea. never bothers me, not even in the first one. something about holding down square next to a bunch of loot and watching it all fly to you always felt kinda good.

the item thing, i have to agree. its something the NEEDED in borderlands 2. i have my Siren (whom im using for coop) set to anyone can join. and when people come into my world and open chests and take look without even looking at it, it is annoying. i wouldnt do it in anothers world. if i didnt need it, i would let others look. if everyone runs away then i take it. if i need it though, i do pick it up. but i dont blindly pick up weapons unless they are white, then its just sell fodder.

i do find this to be a great sequel. with the exception to the loot stealing, its what i figured it would be. better weapons. and more. bigger areas. more enemies. enemies actually have a little more AI now. i see them rolling and stuff to dodge my bullets. nothing amazing, its not meant to be, but its something. shields are a change too. they are useful now. like in their abilities. not only that but i feel like the shields actually take damage now instead of just being one hit and then to my health (which it very well could get to be in play through 2 and beyond). they added a lot of effects and abilities. weapons look unique now which is a big thing considering borderlands is all about weapons. car controller was greatly improved. damage done by cars improved. ramming damage scaled down so you cant just run over a badass enemy and be done. and damage to cars was scaled down so now you can actually fight in them without dieing in two hits.

graphics also seem to be crisper. still the same, but everything seems a little sharper. more colors. a lot more stuff going on visually. this is a fully fledged game. the world is like 3 times bigger then that of borderlands 1. if its just a DLC add on, its a well worth $60 one. this is what a sequel should be. they upped their game. improved on a lot of things. listened to fans. make things bigger and better. they didnt change much cause nothing in the first one was broken to be fixed. it literally is a Borderlands 2.0. the only thing they could have done, that would have made this a perfect game, as you said, was personal loot. or at least rolling for anything blue or higher with a need/greed system.

I'm getting a lot of blue weapons and still haven't come across a pearl yet lol, i bet no one has yet http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

I love when the bullets fly by you, you hear the bullets in the back speakers like they should. Big improvement over the first game.

Edited by Thor.