Borderlands 2

Thor.

My... highest spec(not my best though) is a Vladof E-Tech grad sniper. It's a railgun, and if I'm brutally honest, it's a bit of a jerk to use. The trigger is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to sensitive-you touch it even slightly, and because the ROF is so damn high, you'll drain the entire mag. It's incredibly unpredictable and hard to use, though there is no doubt of it's effectiveness. Badass 784.

And no, there are no pearls... yet. I can however confirm via some very reliable industry sources that the game will see an extensive series of expansion packs similar in size to the prevous game's, going late into next year.

EDIT:

Ok, so, I think my favorite weapon I've got so far was my first E-tech. it was a funky little Dahl pistol with a rather wierd projectile: a pair of needles that exploded after a delay-probably a safety measure, since despite it's tiny proportions the bloody thing could incinerate an adult Bullymong in a single pull of the trigger, without even needing a headshot. It did eventually become too old to be useful, but it's one I'll sure as hell rememer. I didn't sell it either, instead handing it down to my lowbie Siren, who can even better use of it than my Axton. Other faves? I had this Blue Jacobs assault rifle in my early teens, damn it was good! It had an excellent sight on it, but also really good recoil reduction and accuracy. This bqasically made it into a sort of mid-range DMR headshot weapon, that made me feel nostalgic for the Cobra rifles of the original which it very much ressembled. It was pretty too, polished and engraved chrome with polished mahogany stock. I'd also mention my first Vladof, it was a blue TMP, and it lasted me a full 8 levels as my sidearm due to it's shear dependability. It too was a thing of beauty, chrome plated, with matte black trim and a Soviet coat of arms above the trigger.

Finally I'd say my first SMG. It was literally the first SMG I got that wasn't an unusable hunk-a-junk Hyperion. A matte black/silver carbon fibre Tediore with a great scope that pushed it's range deep into AR territory, a huge mag, and decent firepower. I loved the little thing, it, like most of my other great early guns, became a hand-me-down.

My least favorite? my sentient shotgun. I don't know what possessed Gearbox to make a talking shotgun, but if it wasn't a damn fine shotgun, I'd throw it in the trash. With a personality ressembling Bender from Futurama, this annoying lump of trash talks away animatedly about nothing of interest when held, frequently begging to be reloaded, and screaming barely comprehensible threats when fired. I hate him. Do yourself a damn favour, when you find him do NOT let him convince you to turn him into a shotgun. You will regret it.

The problem I am having is random difficulty spikes-I got into a mission which I wasn't able to leave once started, only to be put against 4 elite warloaders at once, which were 4 levels higher than me, and 8 higher than the mission. There's also some pretty serious bugs to do with the ADS, with a particularly annoying one being some pistols, once ADS'ed, can't be un-ADS'ed without unequiping them. NOt unsurprising for a launch title, but still annoying,

Edited by Vindekarr

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found Borderlands 2 equivalent of the Hellfire SMG from the first. because the weapons i got from the promo key were better then it, i handed it down to my siren. it is the only Orange weapon ive found so far (only level 15, and it was a level 9 weapon) but considering in B1, it was one of the best weapons in the game, its still a very very good weapon in B2.

Killed my way out of the spike'd mission today. Felt damn good, I died a fair bit I must admit, but to truly succeed in any combat game you've got to be like that black knight and say "it is but a flesh wound" and get back on your feet. Eventually I nailed all of them, and was rewarded with a truly fabulous chromed up Vladof Assault rifle.

I've loved Vladof guns since I started with B2, I don't know why, but they're the perfect weapon for my playstyle, and the low level ones are comparable in style to Dahls from B1. They're mainly focused on rapidity of fire, but I've found they also have fairly low recoil, and usually great short to closse-mid range accuracy aswell. Their best product are their rifles and pistols though, the Vladof pistol, the TMP, is essentialy a punchy SMG, fully automatic, usually with a good scope, and a decent 40 shot mag. Think a Skorpion and you're getting close. Their rifles are even better, handling like an archetypal Assault Rifle, with an excellent fire rate, good damage, good accuracy, and a 30-60 shot mag. They're just perfect for killing marauders at mid range, and make a brilliant noise to boot. As a wise Ork once said, DakkaDakkaDakkaDakka!.

I also find myself really enjoying Dahl, Jacobs, and Maliwan guns. Dahls are good VS human targets, mainly bandits, over a longish range, their burst fire and superb accuracy means they're just perfect for scoped gunplay over mid-long range. Use 'em like a Cobra from B1, and you'll have a great time. They also make great handguns, powerful, accurate, and with a three-shot burst function. Jacobs guns are perfect for extra-long range; their sniper rifles are sublime, with incredible damage and fantastic accuracy. Their bolt actions and wooden furniture gives them extra charm. Maliwan guns look like they stepped off a Star Trek set; sleek, futuristic and usually at the extreme high end of statistics, I've found their whole range are fantastic, especially their sniper rifles and SMGs. Ammo usage is a bit high though.

Out of the realy radical brands, Tediore really works as an idea aswell. I'd feared they'd be "plastic crap" to use Randy Pitchford's term, but they just aren't. Their SMGs are especialy useful, and they tend to be great at short range. The reload-and-expload feature is actually almost OP, since my Blue Tediore SMG can usually kill a 18-20 bandit outright with it's reload in one hit. Bandit guns are a more mixed bag. Their shotguns are brilliant, very powerful, very effective, but I'll have to wait and see what their other guns are like later on. They feel a little inaccurate for my likes, but at close range, they're hard to beat. Theuy do however have an unholy ammo consumption-I had one which used 5 shots per trigger-pull. admitedly it could drop a Goliath in a single headshot, but it devoured ammo.

The only two brands I don't like are Hyperion and Torgue. Torgue guns are ugly, and their slow projectiles are an ass to steer onto their target's head. They also tend to be inaccurate, and while they do good damage, I don't like using 'em. Low level hyperion guns are truly useless; firing them means a few precious moments of firing wildly and wasting usually half a clip or more into the air. Thei Sniper Rifles are sublime-better even than a Jacobs, but beyond this, their other weapons feel completely useless due to their abysmal first-shot accuracy. I hate spraying rounds, so firing the 15-20 shots required to hone-in a Hyperion isn't much fun, especially when a Tediore SMG would have killed the target, reloaded, and was onto the next guy by the time the Hyperion had stopped trying to escape my grip.

I also got my first orange.

Name: Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot(W-T-F) Brand: Dahl Type: Energy shield with built in booster.

And if I'm honest, I'm more afraid of it than any enemy. This shield is a MONSTER. It's more dangerous than the bandits. While it works well as a shield, it's got an extremely dangerous flaw, and that is that when damaged by gunfire, it fires high-yield Shock MIRV grenades on very short fuses. These grenades have a small blast radius but do high damage, so you've basically got to run N gun Unreal Tourney style or you die, because when they go off, it makes a mess. You do get an audio warning when it fires, to get the hell away, and once I got used to it it proved quite effective as both weapon and defence, but it's still a little scary, knowing this thing on my belt could spew out 5 high power shock frags at the drop of a hat.

Edited by Vindekarr

ive got to be honest. i havent paid attention at all to the brand of guns i use. couldnt tell you a single manufacturer of any of the guns im using. i havent got the slightest clue. nor do i see myself leaning towards anyone in particular. i go with what does more damage among the weapons i find, within reason ofc. if something does good damage but has 1-2 shots, ill go with less damage and more shots or if a certain gun has a better ability and/or elemental dmg etc.. but for the most part, i just pick and chose whichever does more damage without even looking at the manufacturer at all. same as i did in B1. couldnt tell you any of the manufacturers of my guns from there either and i had been using the same stuff for a long time :P

also my badass score is up to 1230, with a level 16 Assassin and a level 10 Siren. and i was wrong in an earlier statement, Badass Points truly are unlimited. the Points carry over for every character, however every character starts with a clean slate to get points. so while my Assassin Ranks up in Points, it carries over to my Siren, and since she gets a clean slate, she can earn all the easy points again and so on and so forth with every new character. now im sure it takes more and more Badass Points to rank up each level, but after i clear a map/area and if i check my points, i usually have several unused tokens. so its worth it to check often cause chances are youve completed challenges and going points/tokens.

Edited by hoofhearted4

I'm pretty OP right now, taking out level 25 loaders while being around lv23. Make sure to get a shield that doesn't have slow recharge delay and up your shield skills through the badass tokens you get. If you keep doing that your shield would instantly recharge after taking damage.

Doing a solo run fro the first time, so far making good progress. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Edited by Thor.

Jacobs pistols rock, will not touch any other pistol pretty much. Explosive rifles and Maliwan snipers are my favourite, although do like this very pimp Jacobs rifle: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1137414449424169372/C661366326C82592C4047C782E4DD314C7D5E7AF/

Problem is i have no time to search and try out all weapons on my first round, if it works good.. I rather have something that'll take out a lv26 loader while I'm lv24 in one hit, now that's a weapon http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

Ok. well just ignore today's earlier post. I managed to get a truckload of quests done in a row today, as well as a few high ranked challenges coming through, resulting in a badassitude of 2556, and a full set of new guns.

Got a supercompact Tediore pistol, a placeholder until I can get something bigger. Great as they are at low levels, Tediores fall off the pace later on. I replaced my sniper rifle with an almost perfect Dahl. It's a Dahl, so it's burstfire, right, bad for sniping? wrong. Just descope as you fire, fires one single shot, with astonishing accuracy the Hyperion it replaces, simpyl can't get near. It's a slag gun too, and the burstfire is actually pretty good VS bosses, since you can really exploit an opening with five rapid shots in a timeframe a normal snipe could fire 2 in. It's also got an OMGHUGE bayonet, with a glowing purple blade. No rifle as of yet, though I sure am looking. I rounded it off with a ridiculous shotgun that basically sums-up the Jacobs corporation. It's got FOUR barrels, and fires them all at once, costing you an entire mag, and a ridiculous amount of ammo, but, doing an insane amount of damage. And I mean insane.

Tips of the day: If you've got a burst fire gun, unscoping halts the burstfire, it takes some practice, but you can easily single-fire Dahl snipers with way while enjoying the full benefits of the scope. If you're saving for something or dead broke, go back to Liar's Berg, ammo costs only $4 as opposed to $80.

Edited by Vindekarr