non-immersive Immersion and does the game update ?

Deleted55991832User

Hello and a very good whatever to you..

I have, at last, completed the Civil War quest-line (first time ever and I purchased the game upon release)

Now, I will admit I skipped through the MQ, just saying hello to the greybeards, repossesing the bugle and getting shouted at by old men was about that..

I then proceeded to stamp out those obnoxious rebels in a fast but, still elegant and charming way, Crowning the achievement by severing that talkative lout, Ulfrics, despicable face from his, equally, despicable shoulders.. bravo ! , Huzzah ! and all that nonsense..

However.. and that´s a fairly big however.. the serfs, Innkeepers and random commoners,Soldiers and puffed up "Yarl" still reference to that dreadful little uprising as if it has not been crushed by the Glorious Empire..

Will there be , after a given time, conversations reflecting the happy days of the peasant under the benevolent empire or will I have to start, yet again, this time plodding like a good little Serf through the Main quest before dealing with the revolting peasants??

Please any hint or knowledge about the populations unwillingness to accept that blabbermouth Stormcloak is dead, dead, dead!! and the rebellion OVER!!! would be appreciated, thank you for bearing with this rather convulated question and do please tell me if this behaviour is normal,from the game, mine is completely sane....

Toodles...

Never mind, move along, nothing to see here..

the game does indeed update conversations, though in a painfully slow way, One would think that Couriers and assorted traveling Bards would spread the good news faster than a wench drops her panties when she hears the jingling sound of gold coins but, no.. the news moves like molasses in the winter time.. ah, well, I´ll just be as patient as demanded...

Toodles...

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it does seem like the developers never imagined anyone taking care of that little squabble BEFORE dealing with that obnoxious flying Lizard, and the idea that one would, actually, see both the Lizard and the Revolting peasants as nothing more than a sideshow never crossed their minds...oh, well, with the abundane of add-ons generously provided by the Modding community one can slip away on holidays in Eylswhere, Cyrodil and other charming places whilst awaiting the population of skyrim coming to terms with the idea that all is well.. excepting the ruddy Thalmor being a complete nuisance....

Toodles

I think it's intentional. A military defeat isn't going to suddenly stop people's feelings. Indeed, their leader's demise would only serve to elevate him to martyr status.

fraquar makes a good point with his analogy to the American civil war. Yep, folks are still proudly flying the confederate flag down there. There are warring factions in the Middle East whose animosity goes a lot further back than that.

@DaedricBard

Looking at it in that perspective i rather understand it, though the references to a VERY dead person as alive and ranting IS a bit annoying ..

But, when you look at it as a the bitterness of defeat and general animosity against the victor. I get it, In Europe Grudges go Centuries back due to past slights, Wars, Occupations and soforth, the Danes despise the Swedes, well, everybody does, the Belgians hate the Germans, the Dutch mocks the Belgians AND hate the Germans, the French despise the Germans, mocks the Belgians and utterly detest the British, the British despise everybody and the Germans are just being Germans..meaning, obnoxious louts... so it seems natural, in that context, that the Nords are a bit miffed with everybody..maybe one should write a mod uniting the empires different inhabitants against the ruddy Thalmor, with pitchforks , torches and general mayhem culminating in the devastation of the Sumerset Isles.. now, there´s a thought...

Toodles

Edited by Guest

Wait until TESVI. For 20,000 Creation Club Credits you can buy a mini-campaign entitled "The Great Thalmor Stomp."

*Dead Thalmor (who looks suspiciously like Todd Howard) sits up and says: "We're just jerks!" Falls back over dead.*