mesh - model is 10x bigger than it should be

Ech0Chamber

SOLVED

If you're encountering the same Mesh Size issue as I have then stress no more for we at the Nexus forums have got your solution.

Simply scale down the object in Blender to 0.1 (NOT THE OBJECT VERTICES!) and export the object once finished.

Instead of the over sized behemoth of a mesh you'd get before finding out this information. It will be down to scale correctly in-game like shown below.

Happy Modding! - Ech0Chamber

Kku35QQ.png

So I edited the Postman hat to fit my needs as a standalone personal mod. And I've spent the last week making it, and 4 of those days have been spent fixing the size.

If I'm overlooking something or if there's an error I would like to know please.

And for anyone else suffering that googled and is reading up on the same issue. I'm hoping this problem gets answered for both of us.

If anybody with their amazing error goggles could spot the problem and give me things to try to fix it then I'd appreciate that very much as the noob of modding that I am.

Attempts that failed

* Scaling the geometry in Blender

* Scaling the mesh in NifSkope - Yes I did apply transforms

* Restarting my PC

* Reinstalling Fallout 4

* Updating Nifskope

* De-updating NifSkope

* Scaling in Outfit Studio

* Stabbing a cardboard box with a screw driver

158nJ92.png

Edited by Ech0Chamber

How can there be this many of you viewing this thread, and not a single one of you have managed to give a solution to my major malfunction. This is absolutely ludicrous.

Edit: I don't know who's teasing me with the answers to my struggling but I'd appreciate it if you'd answer

yR3SM5e.png

Edited by Ech0Chamber

Check Material file too for any sort of scale data though I don't think there is any.

Tj1BKZZ.png

I mean I do see scale values, but they're probably not the values that'll make the changes I'm expecting.

You don't even really need to edit the .nif file, actually, if all you want is to swap the texture. You can use a property to swap material files. See the silver SMG as an example.

See the thing is friend I want to make more models than just this one, and if I can't edit simple vanilla files without them being broken then I'm gonna have a hard time making real mods in the future that require more artistic freedom than just textures. And I don't want people or myself walking around with an over sized behemoth of a helmet taking up their entire 3rd person view or looking funny during dialogue scenes.