Imported wav sounds are too quiet

f1am3d

All imported wav sound files are too quiet in the game, despite that fact that their loudness is ~ -1 Db on peak.
In a sound editor and in all music players they are loud, but not in the game.

I have converted my sounds for the game in required format:

PCM 44100kHz 16 bit mono

However this problem is still exists. Raising file loudness does not help.

Edited by FlamesoFF

While I don't know Fallout 4's requirements, here are some things you can check:

1. If you have some digital music around, load one of those files in your editor for audio. Take a look at the highs and lows there. If your audio file for Fallout has that base height or better, that should be a good starting point for your import.

2. Check audio options for when the system plays that audio file in the scripted process, is it following another sounds process and settings (ex replace shotgun fire with dog barking audio) and of course take a look in your editor at the sound you're replacing once it's extracted out where are its highs and lows along with format.

3. If an extractor or compactor/converter is involved, check those settings that might explain the difference.

Do keep in mind your system may also be affecting the sound, differences in hardware can result in different sound. Great example: Eradicator by Accolade. The audio for the menu screen for that is in RAW format, so convert one way for a type of wav file and you get the normal version you hear in game, the other form of that wav file gets you a much speedier version. Both sound good, but only one is the true representation.

My thoughts on things, hope it helps (may give someone the idea for the dog gun in Fallout New Vegas brought to Fallout 4).