Failed to Run FNIS

Earqus5880

Suddenly Vortex cannot detect FNIS i simply re-installed all my mods to try and fix my turn and general game lag/stuttering and now it suddenly doesn't work i get error: Error: spawn C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISForUsers.exe ENOENT
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:232:19)
at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:407:16)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)
It says it cant find generateFNISforUsers.exe and when i went to the folder i couldn't find any .exe file can anyone help me?

If you installed FNIS as a mod (I do), it will not be detected until you Deploy.

Turn off auto-run FNIS, Deploy with FNIS Enabled, then run FNIS from your dashboard.

I actually prefer to run FNIS this way. I don't want it running every time I add a mod.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is not a direct "fix" but perhaps check out Nemesis? I have a few animation/skeleton mods installed and some of them "depend" on having FNIS. However, Nemesis will generate a "fake" fnis.esp that helps with compatibility. So far everything seems to be working fine. Nemesis seems to offer a lot of other advantages over FNIS as well. If no one is able to find a solution for you, this might be a fallback option.