i Accidentally deleted Skyrimpref.ini.....

Wreatchedegg

So , like the idiot i am i ended up deleting the SkyrimPref.ini file located in the Skyrim folder (not the one in the Documents )..

as you can imagine , the game doesn't load now , it crashes immediately after (presumably) it finishes loading.
i tried rerunning the ESV luncher to see if the file will get generated again , but it didnt , does anyone has a fix for this , perhaps a backup copy of your own Skyrimpref.ini , any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot in advance.

you might try validating game files in Steam..that should, presumably, do the trick and then, when the splash screen comes up, return your settings to whatever you prefer, the Launcher has a nasty habit of claiming ones graphics card is made by some Cro-Magnon called Uurgh... other wise PM me and i shall provide you with a copy of mine, presuming that is allowed... any Moderators out there, feel free to advice on that...

Your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPref.ini will be created when you launch the game from the Steam launcher.

Many people, me included, will delete those two files when starting a new game, verifying game files will not create those files you must launch the game thru the Steam launcher.

After doing so you can launch the game thru SKSE but must then reset any Settings changes you made in the Main Menu prior to creating new ini files and also any changes you made to the pref.ini file, like Vivid Weather changes or changes that any other mod required of you.