Project Spotlight: iEquip

BigBizkit

In response to post #72613223. #72618558 is also a reply to the same post.

dunc001 wrote: Thanks for having us guys!
scrivener07 wrote: A topshelf modder, has horses, and an aircraft pilot! Your a very interesting person. Thanks for sharing your project. The quality is truly an inspiration.

It's amazing how high you can reach when you're standing on the shoulders of giants ;) Edited by dunc001

In response to post #72621628. #72623023 is also a reply to the same post.

ff7legend wrote: My only gripe with mods like this is authors of .dll plugins not making their .dll files version-independent. Nexus user NasGorTelorCeplok has already done this with the fantastic Alternate Conversation Camera mod for SSE. If mods like iEquip, QuickLoot, .NET Script Framework, & the like would follow suit, it would make things so much easier for BOTH the mod author/the end user in the long run. No more having to update a .dll after each Bethesda update. The SKSE Team has provided detailed instructions on how to implement a memory scanner that makes any .dll version-independent over there on skse.silverlock.org... Please consider making iEquip & other mods like it version-independent at some point in the future. As it stands now, I'm still waiting for an update to meh321's .NET Script Framework since that mod is a GODSEND when it comes to fixing random CTDs in-game..
MrNeverLost wrote: There's an unofficial update for the .NET Framework on skyrimmods: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/cheybx/mod_net_script_framework_1573_1580_released/. As for making .dll plugins version independent, I've answered you before on that inquiry, and it's not as simple as you think. An example being "To your face", which was made version independent when it was ported to SSE. After some SSE updates the plugin started causing CTDs because the signature had changed/was triggering on wrong areas in the code. It's safe to say that making every .dll plugin out there version independent could become a rampant cause of save corruption.

Thanks for that link. Will try the 1.5.62 update first & if everything works as it should, I'll then update my Skyrim SE to 1.5.80 followed up by updating all my SKSE64-dependent mods..

In response to post #72613223. #72618558, #72635013 are all replies on the same post.

dunc001 wrote: Thanks for having us guys!
scrivener07 wrote: A topshelf modder, has horses, and an aircraft pilot! Your a very interesting person. Thanks for sharing your project. The quality is truly an inspiration.
dunc001 wrote: It's amazing how high you can reach when you're standing on the shoulders of giants ;)

Well said! That's the spirit of the modding community. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions :)

This is such a wonderful mod! I swapped playing Skyrim on xbox360 to computer and discovered modding. I found annoying how it was very hard to find mods for controller support. Their were some but very few. With gamepad plus plus and iequip I can finally incorporate frostfall, campfire, dual wield parrying, and tkdodge, meanwhile not being reliant on a magic system which loses immersion.

Thank you for such a great mod! I guess my only question to ask as a fellow mod author how do you get past those moments when you need to take some time off from your mod?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...