No Character Appears in the Character Generator Unless Mods are Disabled

FIREFLY11

Hi everyone! This comes off clearing up a mess involving game breaking files exported from my Toolset. I ended up uninstalling, then reinstalling my game & Toolset, then reinstalled all my mods that I had saved. When I went to create a new character, the character generator was empty. I could turn an "invisible character" around with the cursor & all of the appearance edits were empty. The only thing that was normal were the voice choices. I went back to the game menu & accessed DLC, disabled all the mods, & was able to create a new character as normal. I then saved the game & enabled the mods in the DLC. They have shown up, but when I tried to create another character with them enabled, and again, no character. Any thoughts as to what happened? Thanks for any help!

Best always,

FIREFLY11

To troubleshoot the issue, disable (or uninstall) half the mods. Start the game and see if the problem is gone. If it is, the problem is with one of the mods that aren't active.

Enable (or reinstall) half of those mods. Start the game again and see if the problem is gone. If it is, the problem is with one of the still inactive mods.... enable/reinstall half of those mods and so on, until the issue shows up again.

In any case, when the issue does reoccur, disable individual mods from the last group that were re-enabled, until the problem again disappears. Then you can start to troubleshoot that particular mod.

Edited by theskymoves

Thanks a lot Sky! I was able to isolate the mod that was causing the trouble. It's called "personal content" and was released on 5/1/2010; that's the only info I could find listed in my mod manager & in the DLC list. I'll have to go back & see if I can find out which one that is for troubleshooting. Thanks again!

Best always,

FIREFLY11