The Most Disgusting NPC to you

usmclee1

Ehh, Legion were ok. Fun fact: if you kill them from stealth with a silenced weapon, you don't lose Legion reputation. Not even if someone else sees you do it. I had killed more legionnaires than the Antonine Plague, and they gave me the key to their safehouse :tongue:

That's stealth builds for you.

But even without that, people attacking me I can deal with. If I get to them before my companions do, that is. Someone marked as essential that just follows me around to abuse me is a whole different level of annoyance.

Marcy was put in the game as a social experiment by vault-tec. The idea was, to see if even the most 'goody two-shoes' could be driven the commit murder, by an annoying character. :D

I guess, I wouldn't be able to kill her, if I would not make a testrun for a mod to test evil choices.

Currently I working on a evil mod in some way (and also on an update for my follower) - so wiping out anyone is on my shedulde in test runs and I finaly learn the other site of the game to know^^. For me, my second mod has already pay of with this in mind :D.

But, to come back to marcy, - she is annoyance, yes and she is totaly sunken into her misery. Ignoring everything around her, inclusive her man that also suffers, but still... na... I would not go and kill her, I guess (besides test runs - if it would be possible).

Edited by taryl80

If you like, you can roleplay the suffering sole survivor and just doing nothing and be a-hole to everyone out there in the wastes :smile:.

It just would not make the same amount of "fun" as playing the game.

I also dislike Marcy, but I also don't know how I would act if something like that would happen to me in real life. She and her husband get from me always the order to make food for the settlement.

This would also be worse if I didn't or can't build them a pub. Because then all evening they literally have nothing to do except hang around on that porch. Gods have mercy if you're trying to do something there.

You leave that crap ALONE (those workbenches), and build all new ones at the first house, near the cooking station, which is where you also put YOUR BED and whatever storage you want. This way no-one bothers you and you can't hear all that idiotic hammering.

It took me like 3 play-throughs to learn that; the best way to utilize Sanctuary is to stay away from the middle (which is where you put your crops, shops, and whatever else, to keep those useless mongrels sandboxing out of your way.

As for the most annoying? I ALWAYS shoot the guy with the credit card. He sucks. But McCreedy... I just can't dump him fast enough. Once I get his perk, HE'S gone. The guy goes on and ON about saving his kid, and then DOESN'T even bother to bring him the antidote to see if it works!!! He'd rather just keep getting a piece of a** forever (so much for loving his wife, eh?) Plus he was a GUNNER - he murdered people for money. He's garbage. I wish Bethesda would have had him just leave after he got the cure.

Deacon is a CLOSE second... always judging everything you do, when he is a pathological liar (and even brags about getting YOU to do all the 'heavy lifting' for him!) And then even after you leave him (after you get his perk), he says "I'm getting tired of waiting" whenever you walk near him. Makes me want to side against the Railroad just so I can put a bullet in his head. Glory is the only person in that group worth anything, and Bethesda under utilized her. Damn shame... she's the only reason why I like stopping by Railroad HQ.

I won't even get into the 'Upper Stands' folk at DC... they live in one-room, rusty metal shacks in a garbage dump, and think they are 'too good' for everyone else'? Even Kellogg had a nicer place than them. They're just the most well-off beggars in Beggartown.

Edited by MarkusTay

Is it not so, that MacCready gives the cure to Daisy in Goodneighbor? So that she brings the cure to his son? (if I remember, I have something seen like that in a Oxhorn lore video about MacCready)

MacCready is part of the part of Fallout 4 I like to play 1 day when I just play for fun without any testing in mind, but most of my Fallout 4 chars end sooner or later as testcharacter for 1 of my own mods, or mods I downloaded on the nexus.

But MarkusTay, maybe you like to check out "Diamond City Expansion" ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21853 ). Its a really, reaaally great mod and expands Diamond City on a lore friendly way. I still need to search something similar for Goodneighbor^^ (I have only fly over Goodneighbor expansion mods yet and not realy go into it).

Edited by taryl80

The most disgusting NPC is Henry Cooke, I NEVER SPARE him in ALL PLAYTHROUGHS.

Fxxker sleep with a guy's wife and beat up that guy in front of her.

Who the F is more DISGUSTING? Imagine someone doing that to you.

I always tell Pembroke, ya huh I will take care of him.

Then I talk to Cooke, BANG, die, and I steal the Gwinnett recipe, ROB HIS CORPSE, and then eat up his body (cannibal) just for fun.

I have HIGH CHARISMA and I tell his daughter (YA HUH, I kill your dad, what can you do about it). Hehehehe.

That bxtch wife (Darcy) is the second most disgusting character.

Cheating on her husband, watch him getting beaten up, walks home to sleep, does not feel sad when her lover was killed, regrets her actions only when her husband was killed.

Henry Cooke I murder him all in playthroughs (since 2015).

Not to mention he tries to betray his "business partners" as well.

Edited by leisuresuitberry

Glory is actually pretty high on my list of evil characters.

Giving a synth "new memories" always struck me as basically erasing the old person from existence, and reusing their body for another person. Think of it this way: after you put Curie in G5-19's body, who do you have with you? Is it Curie or G5-19? Yep, it's Curie. G5-19 has ceased to exist in any meaningful way, and Curie is now using her body.

And Beth even made sure to point it out to you, e.g., in the talk to Ada about her personality module. Her memories and personality really are what defines her as a person. Turn it off, and it's just a generic robot.

Well, that's what the Railroad does to synths. It's an industrial-scale operation of erasing synths out of existence.

And back to Glory, SHE KNOWS IT. When it's about using G5-19 as host for Curie, the whole talk takes a whole other tone than "saving synths". It's as if you intend to kill G5-19. Which, essentially, you are. And if you talk to her afterwards, she says something like, "G5-19's sacrifice better be worth it." Because really that IS it: you sacrificed the synth and reused her body for CURIE. And Glory KNOWS IT.

But she has no problem goading other synths to the memory den.

@taryI80 - thats precisely what I am talking about. He gives the ONE & ONLY cure (which he has no idea if it will work) to Daisy, who says she is going to give it to some random caravan guy (you know... the people who get robbed and killed ALL THE TIME), and he hopes it will arrive on time... through dangerous territory... by a dude he never met...

"Father-of-the-Year" material he is NOT. He wants to stick around the Commonwealth and tap that a**.

The most disgusting NPC is Henry Cooke, I NEVER SPARE him in ALL PLAYTHROUGHS.

Fxxker sleep with a guy's wife and beat up that guy in front of her.

Who the F is more DISGUSTING? Imagine someone doing that to you.

I always tell Pembroke, ya huh I will take care of him.

Then I talk to Cooke, BANG, die, and I steal the Gwinnett recipe, ROB HIS CORPSE, and then eat up his body (cannibal) just for fun.

I have HIGH CHARISMA and I tell his daughter (YA HUH, I kill your dad, what can you do about it). Hehehehe.

That bxtch wife (Darcy) is the second most disgusting character.

Cheating on her husband, watch him getting beaten up, walks home to sleep, does not feel sad when her lover was killed, regrets her actions only when her husband was killed.

Henry Cooke I murder him all in playthroughs (since 2015).

Not to mention he tries to betray his "business partners" as well.

I probably SHOULD kill Cook, because regardless of what you do, the daughter still acts like he was murdered and blames you for it. I feel like that was supposed to go somewhere, and Bethesda ran out of time or something (sound familiar? LOL). You should have had to make a choice there - continue 'protecting' Cook by pretending he was dead (and then having to maybe kill the daughter instead), or tell the daughter the truth, and risk having Marowski come after Cook. Maybe he's holed-up in that swamp with Skinny Malone. LOL

Hmmmm... ACTUALLY, it would have been a WAY better storyline if she was working for Marowski, trying to find out what really happened, and then she goes after Cook (and she could even still be his daughter - 'business is business', after all, and thats the way her father behaved, so why not her?) It would have felt more satisfying seeing the betrayer get betrayed that way. He's also an Institute informant, BTW - he is just the lowest of the low.

As for both Marcy & Darcy, I'd like to have them both be available for 'fun' afterward. Ya know... wake-up with 'Lovers Embrace' in bed with them, and have the husband sitting in a chair nearby, head in his hands... serve the little b****es right. Maybe they'd both be a lot more chipper and nice to me when I'm in town. LOL

But I guess I'd have to go to another site for THAT mod. LMAO :tongue:

Edited by MarkusTay

• 2 weeks later...

If I hear one more time one of those whiny ass settlers say "I hope you are not one of those synths here for me." they are going to be getting a full blast in the face from a shotgun. You go out of your way to provide all the comforts available in whats left of the world around you and they come up with this. Personally I call it piss poor writing over at Bethesda but none the less it is why there are far less settlements in each play through. I now look to more mods that add more content and more areas given hat Bethesda is more concerned with the CC then any further DLC's. Long live the Modders.

Every, single, "person" in the socalled wasteland are disgustingly needy and utterly useless, from the Caravan of Clowns in Concord through the annoying harpie (Piper or is that griper) all the way to the bottomfeeders in the great green cesspool and the Institute of smackworthy C*nts.. even the BoS are useless and as fit for their role as Madonna is for acting... none of them have any idea of how to use soap, a broom or even a hammer, they just waddle around like squeeling piggies demanding you do everything for them and then..treat you with disdain, Yesterday I started a playthrough where i, for once in a million years, decided to actually BE the Minuteman the game wants you to be.. five hours in I went on a murderous rampage, nuking Sanctuary, shooting up Diamond City and burning down Goodneighbour.. why? because none of those cretins deserve to live, be they ghouls, synths or remotely human.. they just sit in thier own refuse and complain.. I´ve had it.. they can all go suck an egg! thank the Lord for Thuggysmurf and Co. for providing mods that make the game, somewhat playable... without their mods the game would have left my Computer, left the building and would be forgotten like a crazy ex-Wife.. needy, annoying, greedy and utterly useless...

This is an excellent response. :) I wholeheartedly concur.

Why is it, that no one can do anything for themselves? What I find REALLY disheartening, is even in settlements with a defense value approaching 100, they STILL whine about raiders/ghouls/supermutants/whathaveyou coming and attacking them. Even though they have enough firepower to hold off an army...... and that is without the settlers even needing to put on their armor. Bunch of useless wimps.