SKSE can't find TESV.exe

kraven99

Hey Guys, so I just started playing Skyrim again because i got a new computer and i wanted to try out a bunch of mods. with Sky UI being one of them i downloaded SKSE and installed it according to this video

i followed everything to the letter and when i tried to run the skse loader it spits out a "couldn't find TESV.exe" which is crap because its right there. I tried searching for someone having the same issue but i cant find anything. If anyone could tell me what i'm doing wrong or what the issue is i would appreciate it.

Thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I should have mentioned in the first post that i tried that too. I just went back in and double checked everything and i found where i messed up.

where did you mess up.

I had this problem. What I found I'd done wrong was I was pointing the shortcut at the skse loader in the unzipped folder. Since that's about as clear as mud do this:

right click your desktop shortcut

choose properties

in "target" make sure the correct file path is there, for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe" (include the ")

hope this helps

I am having the same problem. I installed according to the video and SKSE directions as well. I am reading your above comment, but I still do not understand which shortcut you mean or how to edit the target location. Any help you could give me would be great. Thank you in advanced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...