SKSE can't find TESV.exe

kraven99

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Obvious question, are you using the new shortcut created after you installed skse to launch the game? The icon looks pants, but changing it in properties will quickly fix that :wink:

go the the skse launcher that is located in your Skyrim folder and "send to" desktop to make a new one. you can do either way but I found that to be easier for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found the answer. Really very simple. Go to the control panel, and go to appearance and personalization. Under folder options, click on the view tab and make sure that the "Hide Extensions for Known File Types" DOES NOT have a check mark in it. Mine had a check mark, and as soon as I removed the check mark, bingo. No more problems.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I am also having this issue, my skse loader opens the black box but comes up with a message saying cannot find TSEV.exe. I notice in my skyrim folder that it is TSEV.exe

What difference does that period make, why can I not get this to run? anyone have the same issue?

• 1 month later...

Sup guys I'm kinda a moron in computer use and I'm really stuck here. I checkd what you all suggested but its like trying to teach latin the a 1 yr old Chinese baby to me :P can someone please help. my skse thingys not finding tesv.exe and tbh im not really sure how I downloaded skse cause I deffo didn't do it the proper way haha :P

• 4 months later...