Why I am NOT Voting for Trump in 2020

MrJoseCuervo

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now Trump has signed an Executive Order so disabled Vets can write off their student loans , they figure that will amount to about 750 million he is giving to the 1%.(Irony) . No seriously booming economy , record low unemployment , rising wages that are actually beating the inflation index for first time in decades. First Step Act to commute sentences of non violent crimes that were mostly due to the 1996 Clinton Crime Bill , Second Chance Act so these people can access federal funds to restart their lives. And now finding a way to forgive disabled Vets their student loans. They keep saying he is worst thing for America , but he seems to be getting an awful lot of good things done.

Its getting so ridiculous that you have Dem's hoping for a recession , just so they have a chance to beat Trump. That's pretty desperate politics. Unless something major happens between now and the election I can't see him losing.

I don't think it matters who you vote for , or ends up winning.

The country as we know it ... is still over in 2021.

Maybe it is TDS ... on both sides. But I think it can be explained by simple math.

Which is the saturation point effect , of so many people being so connected and expecting so much autonomy from each other.

But on a positive note ... you could just look at it as the way life is , how it grows , and why cells divide .

Trump has done very little positive to this economy. He is just fortunate to be president during a time when the economy is doing generally well. His most prominent effect on the economy is the trade wars he is instigating, which most economists view quite negatively. The tax cuts passed by congress and signed into law by Trump have increased the U.S. deficit, and are projected to continue doing so. While a deficit by itself is not a bad thing, there is a such thing as too much, and this amount could be too much based off of its percentage of GDP; heaadlines claiming $1 trillion are guilty of hyping it as a big number, but that is not the scary point. At some point inflation will cause the deficit to regularly surpass $1 trillion and not be a big deal, but at that point $1 trillion will be a lower percentage of the GDP. We are pursuing recession level policies while we are not in a recession, and that could hurt us in the long run.

No, Trump did not cause this economy to be good, but he is more than happy to take credit for it. Of course, we are looking at another recession within the next couple years (could be tomorrow, could be 2021) based on current indicators.

When I consider Trump, I also think about other factors, like his poor leadership style (constant administration changes; refusal to listen to experts, nepotism), his personal character (running a sham college, his sham charity organization, using the military for personal aggrandizement),specific policies (2 for 1 regulations, flirting with government intervention in social media, putting someone against Net Neutrality in charge of the FCC), and his adoption of nutty pseudoscientific and conspiratorial beliefs, including Birtherism, Climate Change Denial, pushing that Epstein was murdered by the Clintons, etc.

And things Trump has done that I could consider good aren't even really that good. He killed the TPP, but it was basically dead at that point anyways with both presidential candidates vowing to kill it if elected. He has opened talks with North Korea, which is good, but it will take time to see anything meaningful come out of diplomacy, especially considering how nutty the North Korean government is.

He is still better than Hilary. :smile:

Talks with North Korea are a waste of time, effort, and money. We have been down this road before, and lil' kim is repeating the pattern established by his grandfather. Belligerence, followed by talks, followed by concessions, followed by a short period of quiet, then back to belligerence, and the process repeats itself.

Edited by HeyYou

I keep hearing people say "better than Hillary," but its nothing more than a buzz phrase, as if it somehow justifies Trumps presidential antics. There is no way to determine how she would have responded to the events taking place in America and abroad, and how the world have responded to Hillary. At best, it would be a guess. She is not president and I don't have a time machine. The "what ifs" are irrelevant, and, even if it were provable and true, should not excuse Trump.

Like you, I am skeptical of the diplomatic efforts with North Korea, which is why I do not consider it a strong "pro" for this administration.

I keep hearing people say "better than Hillary," but its nothing more than a buzz phrase, as if it somehow justifies Trumps presidential antics. There is no way to determine how she would have responded to the events taking place in America and abroad, and how the world have responded to Hillary. At best, it would be a guess. She is not president and I don't have a time machine. The "what ifs" are irrelevant, and, even if it were provable and true, should not excuse Trump.

Like you, I am skeptical of the diplomatic efforts with North Korea, which is why I do not consider it a strong "pro" for this administration.

It isn't the events taking place that prevented me from voting for her, it was the platform she was running on. I didn't agree with her on much of anything at all. When you are presented with a choice of two evils, you take the less of the two. That's what Trump was, and still is..... Given what the current crop of dem candidates are talking about, if it comes down to a choice between one of them, and Trump, he will get my vote. Again. It isn't so much that I am voting FOR trump, so much as I am voting AGAINST what the dems vision of this country is. Present me with a candidate that doesn't turn my stomach, and I would likely vote for them. So far, the dems have not been able to do that.

However you want to rationalize it, casting a ballot for Trump is still voting for Trump. The "lesser of two evils" rhetoric you are employing is not unexpected either; there was little hope of being able to portray Trump as someone who could be competent as a president, so the best strategy would be to demonize Hillary.

I am not too aquainted with many of the presidential contenders. Out of the three contenders on the Republican side I have heard of, I have experienced Trump and read about Bill Weld. I view Trump very unfavorably for the reasons listed above and then some. Bill Weld looks like a strong candidate with a history of competent leadership.

On the Democratic side, I have some familiarity with Sanders, Beto O'Rourke, Biden, and Yang. I view Sanders unfavorably for a number of reasons, such as pseudoscientific views about nuclear energy. I view Yang as mixed because he wants to experiment with a universal basic income for the US [i view this unfavorably], but has expressed a desire to lead and alter his administrations policies based on expert opinion [something that is sorely lacking in the current administration]. I don't really known any of O'Rourke's policy desires. And Biden I view favorably due to political experience, and suspect his policy views are close to Obama's [which is favorable]. My line of thinking is to vote for the most favorable candidate, and given the antics displayed by Trump, I would risk voting for a candidate I knew nothing about on the assumption that it would be statistically difficult for someone worse to make it through the primaries.

Unfortunately, I doubt that Bill Weld has much more than a snowball's chance in hell at beating an incumbent in the primary. If you don't care that much for Trump, you might want to look into Bill Weld. Worst case scenario is you like him, vote for him in the primary, and Trump still wins the primary.

Fortunately, I doubt that Sanders is going to win the Democratic primary due to consistently polling lower than Biden. Also fortunately, I doubt that if Yang got elected, a universal basic income would be able to pass into law. But. Democratic primaries aren't until March and a lot could change by then.

edit: altered spacing for readability