[LE] Movement Speed Lesser Power

I'm fairly new to modding and working on a playable race. I'm trying to create a movement speed boost lesser power, I cant for the life of me to get it to work :( anyone know how to do this?

Also trying to increase unarmed damage by 50 as a lesser power if you know how to do this let me know.

wanna learn how to turn 1 and 2 powers into passives.

thanks in advance

You'll need both a Spell (the lesser power) and a Magic Effect (the effect that actually produces the change). Start with the Altmer Highborn power, PowerHighElfMagickaRegen, and effect, RaceHighElfFortifyMagickaRate, as a model. Instead of the actor value in the magic effect being MagickaRate you'll need SpeedMult and UnarmedDamage. If you wanted passive abilities it's basically the same but use the Altmer Highborn ability, AbHighElfMagicka, and effect, AbFortifyMagickaHighElf.

There are some particular quirks to movement speed that will require scripting to implement; SpeedMult changes, no matter how applied, do not take effect until either the character's gait changes (e.g., shifting into or out of a sprint) or their carryweight changes. Fastest and most reliable way is to add a short script that directly modifies the player's CarryWeight actor value up 1 and then down 1, whenever the ability starts or stops.

Edited by foamyesque

I forgot about the quirk of speed not automatically changing with SpeedMult updates in my first post. There is a simple non-script way to solve that problem too.

Use the Dual Value Modifier magic effect Archtype instead of the Peak Value Modifier. You use SpeedMult as the main actor value and InventoryWeight as the secondary AV. Assign a second AV weight factor of -0.001 which will give the player a very minor decrease in carry capacity while speed is boosted. With a factor of -0.001 the change won't make any practical difference but will be enough to make the change in speed register correctly.

I forgot there is one problem. If used for a spell or lesser power that can be re-cast then it will stack the fortify effect allowing you to be come insanely fast. I've only used that method on a greater power where I didn't have to worry about that.

If it's for something that can be re-cast you'll need to use one of the other mechanisms (keywords and no recast flags) to prevent multiple castings. Alternately you should be able to use the Peak Value Modifier effect but add a second magic effect that changes the inventory weight to the fortify speed spell or lesser power.