help with skyui.esp error

ibayyyyy

i am using vortex mod manager

this was the error

Error: LOOT operation "loadPlugins" failed: "skyui.esp" is not a valid plugin

at handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:39:67680)
at Socket.e.on.e (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:39:66313)
at Socket.emit (events.js:182:13)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:283:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:264:11)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:219:10)
at Pipe.onStreamRead [as onread] (internal/stream_base_commons.js:94:17)
Edited by ibayyyyy

This error is close to the results I experienced after creating a new npc with Creation Kit for Skyrim LE. When I returned to desktop, to run Skyrim LE (16 mods) from the Vortex dashboard, the game would not run, and I got only a return to the initial flash screen. I then tried launching from the desktop icon, and got the same result. I deleted and reinstalled all the mods from Nexus, enabled them for deployment through Vortex, and SkyUI as well as SKSE and most of the newly enabled mods are now not working, though I can now launch the game from the Vortex dashboard. (My character’s body has disappeared, probably a CBBE management issue?).

I examined Skyrim folders, and found .esm and .esp files no longer matched the locations they had been in in prior to this cascade of issues. I presumed the newer Vortex would have evolved management. Most alarming of all, many of the associated .esm and .esp files showed file attributes (date created/date modified) dated to the years 1999, 2000, and 2008, long before Skyrim existed. For file attributes to be altered in this way suggests some kind of bug, or worse?

There is a possibility of how I downloaded the mods this time, going through Chrome, instead of downloading manually. So, though Chrome is famous for networking issues, all of my file folders have a link that they’re now managed by Vortex. Please advise. If it’s a simple as Vortex preferring to host Skyrim SE, that’s fine. If that’s the case should LE owners stick to Nexus Mod Manager only?

The Skyrim engine loads esms by date. If they are the current date, and your loose file mod is older - your mod never gets loaded.

Mod managers typically adjust those dates to get your mods to actually load.

I have no idea what you mean by "no longer matched the locations they had been in". Are you looking at specific track locations? If so, why?

I do think you need to start your own topic. I don't think your problem is related to the OP.

• 1 year later...