[Guide] Porting outfits mods from LE to Enderal

MustDy

Crtl+c ctrl+v of my own post from Skyrim forum. Just understood that this place is more reliable in case of Enderal.

[intro]

This guide is for those who do not understand a lot in modding and just want simple workarounds.

While modding my Enderal for playthrough with Forgotten Stories (I finally found time for it), I discovered that there is a problem with installing LE outfits on Enderal.

The problem is simple - outfits, created after LE release, needs DLCs, thus they require dawnguard and dragonborn .esp files as masters. Obviously, one cannot just launch enderal with them - it will cause different issues.

The solution is simple - as most of the outfits mods needs DLCs only for race support being possible, we can just remove the DLC races support.

Also I will cover the part where we need to add Enderal races support, as it have different ones from vanilla.

I did not find such guide while finding solution, so I decided to write it myself.

[soft]

Lets cover the programs we will need

1) Enderal AND Skyrim LE separately. If you are licensed player, you already should have LE on your steam account, and you can download Enderal as separate game.

2) Vortex, to ease the process.

3) Creation Kit (CK). I used version 1.9.32.0, found in internet. Bethesda CK from their own launcher will not work. Install it for LE - it is enough.

4) xEdit. Well-known and easily findable. Install for Enderal - it is enough.

5) Race patch script created by Melessewen. There is one file in archive, just put it into your "/xEdit/Edit Scripts" folder.

5) And ofc the mod we want to move.

[Process]

Lets imagine we have Lovely_Outfit mod created for LE, which we want to be available for our character in Enderal.

1. Using Vortex (or manually), install the mod for your LE AND Enderal. It can be clean game, or modded, does not actually matter. Just make sure that if outfit, for example, needs HDT system to work, it is installed too. CK hates when mods have missing masters.

2. Launch CK for LE.

Go to File - Data, choose your outfit lovely_outfit.esp file and set it as active, click OK.

3. Wait a bit. Most likely CK will "Not respond" for some time - its okay, its Bethesda, just give it some time. After it is loaded, in the "Object window", in the "filter", type your armor name. Usually it contains the file name. For example, Gwelda armors contains "Gwelda" in its name. Go to "All" on the lest part.

4. Here you will see all the records, containing your typed name. You may need to try another words, until you will see a list of items, for example like GweldaBoots, GweldaHelmet etc. Their "form type" will be ARMO and ARMA

5. Double click on first one with "form type" being ARMA. On the right side of new window you will see all the races in Skyrim, and highlighted ones wil be the ones this outfit supports. You need to de-select all, which contains "vampire" word AND all which contains "DLC".

Actually, Enderal have only 4 playable races, which are former Bretons, Redgards, High elves and Orcs, so others are redundant, but I recommend to leave all others as it is.

Click OK and repeat for all outfit parts you found.

5. Click on "save" button on top left, close CK.

Copy your lovely_outfit.esp from LE data folder to your Enderal data folder, replacing existing file.

6. Open xEdit for Enderal.

Click OK for modules selection (if you have modded game you can uncheck all of them and only check your lovely_outfit.esp) and click OK.

After xEdit will finish its processes:

- Right click on your lovely_outfit.esp and click on Clean Masters. Agree with warning. You DO know what you are doing. Wait xEdit to finish.

- Right click on your lovely_outfit.esp and click on Apply Script...

----- Here just choose previously installed "Enderal race patch script", and click OK. Wait xEdit to finish.

Now you can save and close xEdit.

7. Done. Now your Lovely Outfit does not require any DLC and is ready to use in Enderal by your character.. Just deploy mods, agree with saving newer files and launch the game.

Small thing to remember. If you used your outfit in LE, do not forget to backup it first, and return original .esp file to your Skyrim LE data folder after those manipulation. Or just reinstall the mod for LE.

This issue caused me an evening to be figured out, and I hope this small walkthrough will help others to use their favorite outfits in Enderal too.

Write me if I did miss something, good criticism is always welcome.

Edited by MustDy