Even further rehash of that old resolved load order problem

soaringcow

You say

the end goal of any sort of load order management is: to create a stable setup.

For me, that hasn't been a big issue. The big issues are black face and getting follower mods with a lot of AI to play well with AFT.

Specifically, for me, the best arrangement is for follower, child, MHIYH, and similar to be near the bottom and AFT at the bottom above the bash patch. That way Evangeline doesn't get confused, and not behave as intended. This is not a stability issue.

It seems to me the friendly thing would be to let us garrulous old timers have a choice.

And further, as a garrulous old timer, the only thing I would ask of some new mod manager is that it sort fomod installers well, placing all files and not forgetting any. Do that and don't touch anything else. Yes, I can place fomod installer files by hand, but I am lazy.

But as you say, Vortex is intended for new to mid level users. Not me, I guess.

You say

the end goal of any sort of load order management is: to create a stable setup.

For me, that hasn't been a big issue. The big issues are black face and getting follower mods with a lot of AI to play well with AFT.

Specifically, for me, the best arrangement is for follower, child, MHIYH, and similar to be near the bottom and AFT at the bottom above the bash patch. That way Evangeline doesn't get confused, and not behave as intended. This is not a stability issue.

It seems to me the friendly thing would be to let us garrulous old timers have a choice.

No idea what MHIYH is.

People keep insisting on calling every mod by some abbreviation.

It's helpful to read the Knowledge Base, especially the "Managing your Load Order" section, and to watch the built in Videos as it shows you how to do manual sorting

All you need to do is, put the plugins in the DYNAMIC Patches group, hit SORT, then arrange them within the group by dragging one icon to the other and selecting LOAD AFTER.

I manage 272 mods for Skyrim with Vortex, and have at most 8 plugins manually set in place, same with Fallout 4 and 279 mods, at the most, a handful of plugins manually sorted

Also, I have all the AFT plugins converted to ESPfe, and they are relatively high in my load order, and I also use BIJIN AIO around the 213 mark in my load order, and bashed patch is 235, AFT for me is at 46 in my load order

I also use Immersive College of Winterhold, Total character makeover, apachii hair, deadly wenches, Consistent Older people, Organized Bandits, Botox for Skyrim

All of which edit NPCS, and Character's faces, hair, skin etc.

I don't have any 'brownface bug'

Bijin AIO, is at 235, which makes Bijin AIO the winner of Face Textures

Diff'rent strokes. As I say, the friendly thing would be to make it an option.

Tannin42 has already said he's not going to add it.

Just take the time to learn how Vortex works instead of just refusing to work with it

As I showed, I let Vortex sort my load order, AFT is high in the load order, the only thing I manually moved was BIJIN AIO, in order for it to win all of the Face Textures

My example also showed that you don't NEED to have AFT where YOU think it should be, but rather it will work just fine where Vortex puts it

Stop trying to force Vortex into being NMM and you'll get along just fine.

I also gave you an example of exactly HOW to get those sorted to the bottom of the load order, you obviously don't care, and just want to complain, rather than learn, so, there's not much anybody can do to help you.

You've already had one thread about this locked.

A mod has already posted a link to an article that addressed your problem in your other thread.

Guest deleted34304850

Aside from your own intransigence, what is stopping you from putting those mods exactly where you want them, using vortex?

i'm genuinely interested in how vortex, prevents you from doing exactly as you state you want to do.

Don't bother with childish answers like "I don't want to use Vortex to do what I need" or "I want to drag/drop". We've seen them so many times, and to be honest, it's a bit boring. Give me something technical that prevents you from doing exactly what you know needs to be done, using Vortex.

There must be a way to do drag and drop in vortex, but I haven't seen it. What I see is that, if I change the order outside of Vortex, Vortex puts it back.

I told you how in my first post to you.

And, as I suggested, goes into great detail by opening up the built in Knowledge Base, and reading the HOW-TO, under "Managing Your Load Order", all the information you need is right there.

All you need to do is, put the plugins in the DYNAMIC Patches group, hit SORT, then arrange them within the group by dragging one icon to the other and selecting LOAD AFTER.

There must be a way to do drag and drop in vortex, but I haven't seen it. What I see is that, if I change the order outside of Vortex, Vortex puts it back.

And, as I suggested, goes into great detail by opening up the built in Knowledge Base, and reading the HOW-TO, under "Managing Your Load Order", all the information you need is right there.

Ok, I'll try that. I opened the Plugins list. Selected them all. How do I add them to the dynamic patches group? Right now, the only member of that group I have is the bashed patch.

Ok, I'll try that. I opened the Plugins list. Selected them all. How do I add them to the dynamic patches group? Right now, the only member of that group I have is the bashed patch.

Selected ALL plugins as in every single one, or just the ones you want low in the load order?

OK, you really need to start READING the knowledge Base, all of this is covered there.

Double click on one of the plugins, a panel open up on the right hand side, assign the plugin to the group there.

click on the next plugin, do the same thing etc etc hit SORT

This part is ALSO covered in the Knowledge base that you need to read

Now the plugins (If they don't have any built in rules, (you never told me what "MYIYH" was)) should all be down with the Bashed patch, now double click to close the right hand panel, now DRAG the icon on the right hand side, of the mod you want to LOAD AFTER another mod, drag the icon to the other icon, pick LOAD AFTER and click APPLY

DONE.

Do the same with the others, if you mess up, just click the weird icon, and a little box pops up showing the rules for the plugin, click the little flathead screw icon, and it deletes the rule, and drag the OTHER mod to be after the other one.

Don't try and make Mod A load After Mod B, and then make Mod C load after Mod D and Load Before Mod A because you'll obviously get a cyclic rule error because you're criss-crossing the rules

I see that it is possible, with some work, to duplicate the load order I want using this tool. Why put me through that, when all Vortex needs to do is accept what is in my

c:\Users\noah\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\loadorder.txt?

In use, this really doesn't seem to be a new/mid level player tool, unless you simply want to accept whatever it does, which I don't.

There have been modders, for instance, who have accused LOOT of being an approximate, rudimentary tool for those who don't understand much. That has been my experience.