SKSE64 launcher CTD when loading Main menu

O77odix

@ ryanmaidenfan -

1 - Being Female Mod - is seriously, no, very seriously flawed with BUGS. Go look at the BUG REPORT FORUM and sadly it looks like it's not being supported anymore????

- Sadly, if you choose to remove this mod, which I suggest, you will have to start your game over from scratch as this mod IS scripted and thus you have to remove all traces of the mod's scripting. Only way to do this is to start over.

I would start here first, as it reads that this mod is a serious CTD creator. :(

2 - Use LOOT to sort your mods out and also it allows you to copy / then paste your load order as a text file. :)

I'm trying to figure out why you have SKSE 64 in the data file?? It should be in the same directory as you SKYRIMSE.EXE and such directory. As well as all of SKSE 64's DLL's and such.

Plus, please forgive me, as this happened earlier this week. You are launching Skyrim w/the SKSE 64 launcher, right?

. o O ( Earlier this week, a user thought it loaded like a mod. Thus I continue to learn, do not assume anything. ) ;)

I see that you have Flowergirl and Skeleton Mod that is required to go with it. You did ( ?? ) also run the FNIS external program to activate all the animations, right?

Good Luck, fellow Dragonborn. I'll be watching to see what you post.

Hi , just an update.

I have not reinstalled all of my Mods yet. I have gone back to The Mod pages to re-read before reinstalling each one. So this P.I.T.A protocol is a slow one to do. I have only reinstalled 10 of about 60 mods.

So far, no further CTD issue.

If (when) I figure out the issue I will share it when I find it.

Hi , just an update.

I have not reinstalled all of my Mods yet. I have gone back to The Mod pages to re-read before reinstalling each one. So this P.I.T.A protocol is a slow one to do. I have only reinstalled 10 of about 60 mods.

So far, no further CTD issue.

If (when) I figure out the issue I will share it when I find it.

Thus, this is why it's called P.I.T.A. Protocol ... because of and for this very reason.

@ ryanmaidenfan -

Plus, please forgive me, as this happened earlier this week. You are launching Skyrim w/the SKSE 64 launcher, right?

. o O ( Earlier this week, a user thought it loaded like a mod. Thus I continue to learn, do not assume anything. ) :wink:

I don't think of skse64 data folder as a mod, but I followed the steps within Gofers youtube video on installing SKSE64 and he instructed that although you could just copy and paste the skse64data folder into Skrim SE folder, and that it was safer to install it with your mod manager.

Not sure Why.

But with following Gofer's installing instruction My skse64 folder (or a link to it ) now shows up in my Mod list. I am hoping this will not create issues when it comes time to update skse with a newer version, but it has been working fine so far.

I do not know that much about " Gopher's " ... but first here is the directions from SKSE 64's own README . TXT file.

[ Installation ]
1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\. If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.

As pointed out, it should NOT be in the DATA FOLDER, which is why it's showing up in your MOD LISTING. So I would follow the above ... as this is from the author's of the program. :)

I'll be watching .... ( reading ) .....