Vortex Suggestion: Add Notes

doomstrike53
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

I recently learned you can write personal notes for specific mods which is really cool. Now what would also be really cool is a little icon or something on the mod, so you can see at a glance if you're written a note. It would make things faster since I wouldn't have to check each individual mod for notes about compatibility issues and what not.

Edited by doomstrike53

• Solution

It would be really nice to be able to right click on a mod in my list and "add note". This way if there's some special requirement or something to keep in mind with that particular mod I can write it down and see later if I have to reinstall it or something. For example, Realistic Lighting Overhaul for Skyrim SE comes with a patch to be used with Valdacil's Item Sorting. If I decide later to add item sorting, I'm not going to remember that RLO isn't going to play nice without that patch installed. If I had a way to keep notes for each individual mod, I could look through them and see if there's any conflicts or special requirements concerning a new mod I'm installing.

Double click on the mod in the Mod Tab

Vortex-Add-Note.jpg

Holy crap, it's already there! Still learning this new mod manager. Thanks! I'll make some edits to be more specific then.

Edit: Apparently I can't change the thread title or delete the thread to start another one. Oh well I guess.

Edited by doomstrike53

I recently learned you can write personal notes for specific mods which is really cool. Now what would also be really cool is a little icon or something on the mod, so you can see at a glance if you're written a note. It would make things faster since I wouldn't have to check each individual mod for notes about compatibility issues and what not.

I agree with you on this.

I asked for this feature about a year ago (IIRC) that something like an Asterisk *, or Color Change to the title of any Mod that has any extra Data added to the Right Hand Panel, to avoid having to double-click, and then having to check every single Mod, when just a quick look at an Asterisk* or Color Change would give a quick indicator, so rather than a "Did I comment on that mod or not?.......DOUBLE CLICK....."Oh yea I did...."

It could be as easy as seeing if there's a * or Color Change

IMO, Visual feedback is the most important, and the fastest way to resolve thing

A car dashboard, is designed to let you know everything about your car in the quickest manner.