Arcade's buggy face is back.

Antonio342100

So I'm hoping to yield something out of this, because everyone I've asked up to this point, is stumped. No one can figure out what's happening and how to fix it. And I'm sincerely hoping I find at least one person who can help me with either fixing it or giving me the know how on fixing stuff like this. Arcade appears to have a second face when entering the fort for the first time with him. With or without that Cursor fellow following us in. First time I've seen this happening, I was playing on a modded playthrough, so I assumed it was just a messed up mesh I installed somewhere, so I started to disable mods individually and try and find the culprit. That didn't work, as it kept occurring. Eventually I deleted every file related to New Vegas, made sure I did a complete uninstall of New Vegas, including removal of the documents folder with my saves and ini files. From there, I tried again to see if that fixed my problem, and I'm saddened to say it's still happening, without fail. And the strange thing about this is, this problem does correct itself when you travel deeper into the fort, eventually coming to Caesar's tent with either good or bad intentions, his face corrects itself, sometimes. So with no permanent solution in sight, and exhausting every single possible option I have: I am not only stumped technically, but emotionally as I cannot figure this out. The last couple times I've came on here, I was decently unexperienced with modding, but after years of doing this and getting stuff right finally, I've hit that wall again. So if anyone on here can help me even in the slightest, that would be appreciated,

Included with this post is a picture of all the plugins New Vegas currently recognizes as I start (noting but the vanilla game and it's DLCs) and video proof of the bug occuring. I did cheat a bit to speed up the process, but even if I were to do things the normal way, I would ultimately still run into it. Last playthrough I did when it occurred was when I just got done completing both Dead Money and Honest Hearts. And several test playthroughs before I uninstalled the game yielded the same results when I went from Goodsprings to the Strip as fast as I could without using commands and having to basically play a game of faith with the Sloan Deathclaws. SKIP TO AROUND THE 11:30 MARK TO SEE IT IN ACTION, THE REST OF THE FOOTAGE IS PRETTY MUCH FILLER SINCE I THOUGHT THAT WHOLE PROCESS WAS GONNA BE A LITTLE QUICKER!

And for the sake of clarity, I an not running any mods as you can see, not even NVSE or a 4GB patch, just Vanilla New Vegas and the DLCs in all of it's buggy glory.

8M5Sbei.png

First I've heard of this. I believe I see what you are speaking about at 11:54 in that video, where Arcade is just inside the Fort entrance standing next to the Legionnaire, just before he comes forward and goes "Wait! Wait!". He's initially in the mid ground and the head appears somewhat blurry. (I don't really see it when he gets up close in the foreground.)

My initial thought is it looks like "ghosting" from the old broadcasting analog TV days. Here is an article on it in HDR photography, which suggests to me it might be related to your display monitor and refresh rate.

-Dubious-

Well I would say that could be it, if it weren't for the fact, it was also doing this before too. This was a picture of when I was first noticing this, sometimes his face will change to a different color, but for the most part, it just looks like he has two faces to me. But I'll check my monitor settings.

That specifically is the 'Issue - Body Replacer - Custom Race skin mismatch' (from the "Graphics" section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article), but I've never heard of it as a problem with a purely vanilla game or without some "custom body/race" mod installed. It is understood to be caused by making changes to a character's face in an ESP file instead of in an ESM or BSA. Try the solution given in the entry above.

-Dubious-

Still having that issue sadly, and I don't want to be messing with files, especially if it's an absolute pain to try and find the specific files for Arcade, but this is the bug in motion and then as you can observe in the end, it corrects itself, you can see it twice beforehand. What I want to know is, is this a script related bug that's causing it.