Hardcore, Primary Needs Glitch

Krutz

I've been playing hardcore mode for about 200hrs and I started getting a glitch with primary needs. When I eat, sleep, or drink, instead of stopping at "0", the stats go into the minuses. For example if I kept drinking water I could get -1000 H20. Before anyone starts saying it's probably a mod you installed. Well, I have tried disabling all my mods, but it still happens.

• 2 months later...

I have a problem quiet similar. Sometimes the stats DISAPPEAR. Even FOD and H20, I know sleeping will fix the problem when the slp stat disappears, but I just couldn't fix the FOD. I recall looking for it on the internet

TRY THIS: disable hardcore, change difficulty, enable hardcore, go back to your previous difficulty (I recommend you exit the game menu in every step, hence I believe changes are actually made when you go out of the menu...)

Regards, and good luck with that s***. With so many glitches sometimes Fallout can be annoying, but it's still a GREAT GAME

There's a bug with GameDaysPassed incrementing incorrectly that can mess with h2o, food, and sleep meters in hardcore mode, because the game derives increases in those values from GameDaysPassed. Not sure if that is what's causing your issue, but it's possible. The bug expresses itself in two ways, at least as it relates to the hardcore meters (it causes a number of other issues related to the passage of time, like the day of the week transition). Namely, that you'll either find your hardcore meters are increasing too quickly, and when you load a saved game they'll freeze for a while then start moving again. Or when you load your game the meters show a sudden increase from what they were when you saved.

The only way to avoid the bug is finish the game before you reach 64 GameDaysPassed (that's the threshold by which the bug will start appearing), or through the use of a script that ensures GameDaysPassed increments correctly.