[Suggestion] Upload files with shareable links

3aq

My suggestion is to allow individuals the ability to upload files, not just off of uploading from their personal computer, but off of shareable links, such as google drive.

Why?: I am of the opinion that NexusMods server, wherever they are located, are subjected to throttling for file size over a specific amount, that or server simply just bogged down. This isn't bad per se, as Nexus have to accomadate for a large amount of people uploading simultaneously at any given time. However the user experience severely diminishes after staring at the upload bar not progressing past 1/2 cm every 30 minutes or so. This forces the the user to actively idle and wait, wondering if their file is actually uploading or the connection has been terminated (and wasted fruitlessly waiting for it to upload).

So comes the ability to upload files based off shareable links. A prime candidate is google shareable link.

Based off recent personal testing,I've uploaded two separate files; one onto Nexus the other onto Google Drive. The file size is 500mb, I am still in the process of uploading the file onto Nexus, and this is 30 minutes ago. I fear the upload bar is stuck above the letter "g" in Uploading.. (this is about 1/16 of the bar's progress). Google on the other hand, I was able to finish uploading within 4~ minutes of uploading.

Assuming this suggestion is viable, I can simply share the google drive link and do other things; total time spent: 4~ minutes.

Otherwise, do it the current way and spend 4-6 hours (if not longer).

TL;DR: Please make this happen, this would be an absolute godsend to the users which wish to publish mods.