Mod Request - Inventory Auto-Sort / Merge Stacks

zen0morph

I apologise if this is requested often, but I'm suprised it doesn't exist yet.

I would actually pay $ for a mod that takes the pain out of organising my inventories.

Some ideas I think would be useful:

• Auto-sort by type/colour, total value, name, etc
  • Auto-merge stacks between inventories. E.g. If I have 500 Ferrite in my main Exo suit, 1500 in high capacity, and 1000 in my Ship, have a button press to merge them into a single stack of 3000. To be able to do this with all items at once would easily make sure you're making efficient use of each slot.
  • Drag and drop an item somewhere else without having to click twice (e.g. right now you have to click once to pick up, then click again to place)
  • Swap the placement of items directly by dropping one onto the other
  • View all Storage Container inventory in one screen, so you don't have to keep running between them or scrolling (player still has to build each individual container, just don't have to manually browse each)

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up alphabetizing my elements, I wish there was a few sort options, like Borderlands maybe. By name, type, or value perhaps.

Auto-Merge stacks? That sounds too complicated.

View all Storage Container? That would be just plain cheating. An ingame, editable, cargo manifest perhaps.

Honestly my main ask is just a simple 'Sort by type'. The other ideas are just bonuses that I think of while playing.

Plain cheating? I mean, maybe, but a lot of mods are...

If it makes the game more fun and doesn't ruin another player's enjoyment, I don't see why not. To me, I see that as more of a quality of life convenience than an unfair advantage, though!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...