My Creation Kit is completely broken (and I don't know why)

MelThorn

Whenever I try to load an exterior cell in the render window, the ground doesn't load properly. It's covered in jagged black and grey textures. Other times, there's nothing but blurry blobs that only faintly resemble the ground, and no static land objects will appear, like rocks, trees or roads-- yes, even when showing terrain. The interior cells load fine, but the landscape looks like a checker board had a seizure.

If I try to load a particular wilderness cell outside of, say, Whiterun, it won't load the cell and will instead just load Whiterun. Maybe because it's the only thing it can load.

Each cell looks like it's completely randomized as well, and there's no uniform design to them. Here's what it looks like:

BtAtvnF.png

One other problem was that it randomly decided to start working (but only broke again after I loaded it back up), so I began to edit the terrain for my mod, but the changes to the terrain didn't take any effect in-game. Yes, I had saved the esp in the kit, and other changes I had made did show up.

I've uninstalled the CK and reinstalled it. No dice.

Since one of the mods I have is incompatible with another, I was trying to add and remove certain things to make them work together, so because I'm so obsessive, I can't play until I fix the problem, and I can't fix the problem until I fix the CK, and I couldn't fix the CK after trying everything, so I need help.

The errors window goes pretty wild with messages, and this still happens even when only Skyrim.esm is loaded into Data.

Again, I've already reinstalled the CK and it still happens.

Reinstalled from where? For what game? Sorry, these are obvious questions. You didn't say. ;)

Cause that screen is WroNG! lol

For Skyrim SE, install thru bethesda.net. Ok, was just speculation without more info.

The CK is for Skyrim SE.

Installed initially and reinstalled through Bethesda launcher. I don't think you can get it elsewhere. I had it for close to a year now and it was working perfectly fine. This is a very recent issue that just suddenly started happening, with no warning whatsoever.

Edited by MelThorn