The Wind At The Hanged Man

Macman253

I had originally created this character during my highschool creative writing class as a way to practice my writing. I had eventually lost my mind in writing and ended up writing near two dozen stories and just fell in love with writing. I did not submit any of these stories to my teacher of course I wasn't that stupid lol But i wrote myself during that time and even now into the character. I chose the elf because i was short and slender back then, and I wasn't very creative so I just stole my physical shape to solve that part of the character process. I participated in school sports like soccer quite heavily and I practiced parkour which is why there is a heavy element of parkour in the characters fighting style. I had a friend of mine who takes extreme interest in nearly everything I write about dragon-age because hes a hardcore fanatic and he has taken special interest in Wind.

As so when I debuted the character to the world in the RP Age Of The Dragon he immediately called me and started telling me everything I would need to know about elves, assassins and antiva because that's the kind of pain in my arse he can be. Mind you this bit will reveal things about the character he would never reveal in the RP so consider this a individual storyline that leads up to the RP. Mostly covering his time in The Crows and his adventures abroad and in Kirkwall.

So for your reading pleasure I give you The Wind At The Hanged Man.

Wind leaped over the rampart of the walled estate, he watched closely as the guard that walked the walls was silenced by his partner. The guard went down quietly and effectively. He had admired Lorenzo for his skill with a dagger. Wind moved along the the path quietly as he made for the tower at the end of the wall. The guard inside wore the surcoat of Nazim, a recently defeated Trade Prince. The efforts of the Trade Princes to defeat one another was never the concern of Wind but he knew that they paid well for their executioners and assassins.

Wind flicked his hand and a throwing knife imbedded itself in the guards throat and he dropped with a loud clatter. Wind ducked into the shadows and waited. The guard in the second room came through the door and Wind drove the dagger deep into the mans chest and he turned the blade and ripped it free. The unsuspecting guard looked down and collapsed. Wind dove out the window and swung himself using the wooden frame of the window up to the roof and moved along the covered part of the wall to the main estate, the three story estate was lightly guarded but he knew the interior was heavily covered. Lorenzo was heading to deal with his target, the General that defected to Nazim's side during the conflict. The Crows have sent two of their top assassins and both have come back dead, that is why they sent Wind and Lorenzo, this was a matter of revenge. The call of vendetta had to be answered.

Wind bare hand climbed the wall and came to a window on the second floor. He peered through to see a group of women bathing, most of them wearing veils over their faces. He counted four women total and two guards, the room was lit by a fireplace and a pot of boiling water over it.

"Too bad I don't have an extra little while, a man could be very well entertained in there.." He thought as he used his dagger to jiggle the lock and open the window. As he came through he flung a knife at the pot and it turned over extinguishing the fireplace and bringing total darkness to the room. The room was filled with screams of alarm and the moonlight shown through the windows, but Wind was a master at moving in the shadow.

"Havi! you there?" One of the guards called out, unsheathing his scimitar. he heard a moan and a loud thump come from the area he last saw Havi and he approached, as he walked in total darkness he spread out his hands and used them to find his way. He nearly tripped when he ran into a large lump of flesh on the floor and he reached down, setting his scimitar aside to find it was Havi's face. Blood pooled around the floor and across his chest as it flowed from what was his neck. The guard stood as he heard the door open and close and he bolted for the door, scaring the harem girls as he collided with the extremely large door and pounded on it. Only to find it was locked and the assassin was heading for Nazim's room.

Wind thought that using the guard Havi's scimitar to lock his friend and the women in the other room was quite ingenious but now came his one hundredth assassination, a feat few assassins get. As he entered the room a gout of fire filled the doorway and Wind barely dodged the lethal flame, he grabbed the small black orb hanging from his bandolier and smacked it on the ground and the room nearly instantly filled with black smoke and Wind faded into the darkness.

Nazim's heart beat like a war drum when the assassin walked around his spell and then the room went black.

"you 'ave come for meh' 'ave you not throat-slitter!" Yelled Nazim as he scanned the thick black smoke, he noticed the smoke was disturbed a few feet in front of him and launched a fireball that struck the bed and it instantly ignited. He felt a sharp slash across his back as the assassin ran behind him and slashed him, his blade mere inches from his spine. Nazim flung a fireball in that direction in retaliation but to no avail. Nazim looked around and noticed the smoke was fading but as soon as it faded enough to get a clear view he felt the hard cold steel of a blade at his throat.

Wind could smell the stench of the Trade Prince, he held his dagger to the mages throat and smiled.

"The Antivan Crows send their regards!" But just as Wind sank his dagger into the mages flesh he burst into a mist of blood, the room was filled with a sinister laugh and the mage appeared in front of him holding two of the finest Antivan Crow-Blades.

"So Throat-Slitter you come for Nazim, you think your petty blades are a match for the might of blood magic!" Said Nazim forcefully, Wind leveled his arm-mounted crossbow at Nazim and fired, the bolt struck him in the chest. Shocked at first but he just smiled and pulled the bolt free and tossed it aside. "Now I will teach you true POWER!" Nazim yelled as he flung a fireball at Wind, Wind dove aside as the fireball passed through the window behind them and lit up the night.

Wind flung a pair of shuriken that hit home and dug into the blood mages chest, the mage roared in anger and gathered flames at his fingertips but stopped, and started gasping for air. His dark skin turning white and his eyes rolled into the back of his head as he fought like a demon for air.

Wind smiled and sheathed his blades. Calmly walking up to the blood mage. "That mi' amigo is the poison of La Serpenta Cacciatore. The Hunter-Snake, it stops your lungs from taking in air and lets you suffocate to death. Nasty stuff, hard to process but a valuable tool in my trade." Wind said as he smiled and watched Nazim finally expire. Lorenzo burst in just as Nazim struck the floor and smiled.

"Come Compadre we must leave." He said as he glanced down at Nazim's body and they fled the estate.