Game freezing at launch - I'm stumped

scythe000

The program FalloutNV.exe version 1.4.0.525 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 1658
 Start Time: 01d55e26c72738c8
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: F:\TestSteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe
 Report Id: 81d8ec9c-4855-4c11-8759-e935d0f359a0
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
 Hang type: Top level window is idle

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: FalloutNV.exe
P2: 1.4.0.525
P3: 4e0d50ed
P4: b0f1
P5: 67246080
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\Scythe\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFDA.tmp.version.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFDB.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFEC.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFEA.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER100A.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\Scythe\AppData\Local\Temp\WER100C.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER101D.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Critical_FalloutNV.exe_4934a03cb48ba6d3fbe9d161783065dce44bec1_aac2e720_cab_906cb53a-9fd6-43df-b2d3-fdad6d94572e\memory.hdmp
\\?\C:\Users\Scythe\AppData\Local\Temp\WER10C9.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt
WERGenerationLog.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Critical_FalloutNV.exe_4934a03cb48ba6d3fbe9d161783065dce44bec1_aac2e720_cab_906cb53a-9fd6-43df-b2d3-fdad6d94572e

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Status: 4
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0

This means the game did not finish installing all it's required software into windows.

Windows just told you It shut down the game.

what you need to do to remove the systems C:\user\username\ "local, and Roaming apps that have the game name folder, open steam, refresh the games data and verify it's intact, DO NOT install mods until that game runs first establish the critical first.

steam during launch and on windows 10, a pop up from the right side will post a message if it see;s other things the game needs.

If you see on the right corner of the task bar any icons that show alerts, read them.

Because windows IT has initiated .net software to now work with an account, the one you logged onto windows with, you must have an e-mail account with them active, all of this depends on how you setup your operating system.

IF you have installed any outside Venders Antivirus software, good luck.

Windows 10 ships with xbox software, and defaults a game bar and it launches on game launch too.

If you have not been able to allow the game to finish installing before dumping tons of mods and extra junk for the game, then the game will never run.

before you go any further, run windows update. when al that is done, use the control panel to install the .net 3.5 software the game was built to run on and reboot.

let me know what happens.

Kitty Black

The program FalloutNV.exe version 1.4.0.525 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 1658
 Start Time: 01d55e26c72738c8
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: F:\TestSteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
 Hang type: Top level window is idle

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: FalloutNV.exe
P2: 1.4.0.525
P3: 4e0d50ed
P4: b0f1
P5: 67246080
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\Scythe\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFDA.tmp.version.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFDB.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFEC.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFEA.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER100A.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\Scythe\AppData\Local\Temp\WER100C.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER101D.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Critical_FalloutNV.exe_4934a03cb48ba6d3fbe9d161783065dce44bec1_aac2e720_cab_906cb53a-9fd6-43df-b2d3-fdad6d94572e\memory.hdmp
\\?\C:\Users\Scythe\AppData\Local\Temp\WER10C9.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt
WERGenerationLog.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Critical_FalloutNV.exe_4934a03cb48ba6d3fbe9d161783065dce44bec1_aac2e720_cab_906cb53a-9fd6-43df-b2d3-fdad6d94572e

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Status: 4
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0

This means the game did not finish installing all it's required software into windows.

Windows just told you It shut down the game.

what you need to do to remove the systems C:\user\username\ "local, and Roaming apps that have the game name folder, open steam, refresh the games data and verify it's intact, DO NOT install mods until that game runs first establish the critical first.

steam during launch and on windows 10, a pop up from the right side will post a message if it see;s other things the game needs.

If you see on the right corner of the task bar any icons that show alerts, read them.

Because windows IT has initiated .net software to now work with an account, the one you logged onto windows with, you must have an e-mail account with them active, all of this depends on how you setup your operating system.

IF you have installed any outside Venders Antivirus software, good luck.

Windows 10 ships with xbox software, and defaults a game bar and it launches on game launch too.

If you have not been able to allow the game to finish installing before dumping tons of mods and extra junk for the game, then the game will never run.

before you go any further, run windows update. when al that is done, use the control panel to install the .net 3.5 software the game was built to run on and reboot.

let me know what happens.

Kitty Black

Hi Kitty, no mods are installed currently. I've done all the things you suggest, and I can't even get the Vanilla game to work currently.

Ok well, the OS has things set to lock the game out or...are you running an ssd drive?

I own many PC's and laptops, from experiences, I can tell you some do not like the games from this company. Bethesda.

I have invested a great deal of time and money to find out all there is to know about these games.

If the machine does not have the proper maintenance, you will get into a bind.

I let things go to the point it just stops working so Invest in some forensic software to clean it out.

Revo Uninstaller is a program I would use to strip out every byte of a program before reinstalling that program.

ccleaner is a program to clean up messes left behind that windows leaves and has a decent registry cleaner.

It looks like your at that stage now. IF your other steam games run ok and you are only having issues with just this game?

Then it's not worth the effort to reinstall steam.

Steam, will wipe out the games data in mere seconds. But traces are left all over the place. You stated it's installed off root C: ? D: ?

give me a list of the games that DO run.

I am so incredibly grateful to Purr4me! They went way, way out of their way and helped me out. For those that might encounter this, the digital certificate for FalloutNV.exe needed to be re-imported. I have no idea how it went away on its own, and despite me doing multiple full uninstalls and reinstalls, it seems this needed to be done manually. I looked over dozens and dozens of pages and threads, and nobody ever mentioned trying that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Purr4me!

Edited by scythe000

@Purr4me: That's a new problem to me. For the benefit of others down the road: how did you go about obtaining the certificate if it wasn't getting included with the re-install? I assume you had to delete the old certificate or repository? If so, where was that located?

-Dubious-

@Purr4me: That's a new problem to me. For the benefit of others down the road: how did you go about obtaining the certificate if it wasn't getting included with the re-install? I assume you had to delete the old certificate or repository? If so, where was that located?

KB: Wrong, windows will not allow it

-Dubious-

I did it remotely in front of the user so there's no secret how it's done. He/ she had no worries, watched the diagnostic procedure done before their very eyes and just simply got blown away.

Mystic Arts, google it.

What are the powers of a mystic?

Powers which center around forms of mysticism, mysterious energy, and abstruse forces of nature and reality.

Precognition.

Clairvoyance.

Nature Manipulation.

Archangel Physiology.

Magical Energy Manipulation.

Chaos Magic.

Zodiac Physiology.

Divination.

Your assumptions are incorrect. once a registry entry that shows an update to an executable is completed, the system keeps that as a record, when you use software that alters an executable, you alter the records within the file it's self. AKA 4gig enabler "Changes the file" thus rendering any certified certificate invalid.

Windows 10 will prevent invalid certified executable from running once detected and thus never again allow it to run.

So every one just keep breaking your games lol I'll be here t try and pick up the pieces.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me