[MOD REQUEST]HUD/UI unstretch and center for 48:9 and 21:9

GreenWitcher

Hello NMS modding community. I'm here hoping I can request for a mod fix for the HUD and UI. On multi-monitor (48:9), the HUD is has HORRIBLE stretching problems. It seems the entire UI was simply made for a 16:9 setup, and nothing else. So as a result the HUD is stretched and placed on the wrong monitor. There used to be a mod that unstretched things, and centered everything on the middle display, but since the Beyond update the mod is seemingly nearly permanently broken. https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/686

So now there's no way to really enjoy the game on a multi-monitor setup, and 21:9 users are fairly irritated as well since their UI is stretched out. If there are any modders willing to try out a fix, please do let me know. PM me or just post, and I will gladly be the guinea pig! Hoping someone can pick this one up.

Thanks!

This is a complex issue. The shader hack was the best method. There's two other ways to fix this:

1) Change the size of an item in .mbin files.

Example:

<Property name="Width" value="512" /> <Property name="Height" value="256" 
becomes  
<Property name="Width" value="384" /> <Property name="Height" value="256" 

(1.33 aspect ratio). Ingame its get stretched to proper size.

2) Edit the graphics in Photoshop.

Both are a lot of work! I'm not even gonna try it. Imagine doing all that and then HG releases a widescreen patch.

I have a plan to only fix the reticles. That's the most annoying for me.

Edited by RangerDulann