[GUIDE] Audiodef's Vortex Guide for Skyrim Special Edition

audiodef

• 2 weeks later...

It's worse, Solitude HD and Riften HD have been deleted too. I have Solitude downloaded but not Riften or Landscape Overhaul. Are you looking at alternatives? (sounds like a new version is needed)

Just picked this guide up and decided to go thru it, see how it compares to N0rdic's and the YASHed guides. Looks good so far, a Vortex guide is definitely needed to help compare against MO2.

Wow, that sucks. Those are good texture mods. I wish authors who delete their mods (or moderators who delete mods) would leave behind a reason why.

Sure, if you want to suggest alternatives, I'll check them out and perhaps add them to this guide.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm not able to check this thread or my messages on a daily basis, but I'll see them eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm curious, in step 7 of 05 Patching, you instruct us to remove Leveled Item from the Merged Patch, but nothing else, and I was wondering why?

Also, I left an observation on the posts on the page that directed me here, and now notice that comment section doesn't get much use. So, I'll note here that in step 5 we're supposed to run SSEEdit on the whole list (minus the bashed patch). I found I needed a second copy of SSEEdit without the command line for quick auto clean in order to do that.

Edit-I was looking through the posts for iNeed, and apparently there's a version that's still being updated here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19390?tab=description

Edit2-This sounds like a better fix for the flora respawn issue-I'm going to try it and thought it might be of interest (I've been using Flora Respawn Fix for ages in Oldrim, but this seems current and more useful) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27781?tab=description

I've been struggling with Wrye Bash here, anyone have any suggestions? I've even tried editing the ini file

"

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 306
Python version: 2.7.8
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_AU', 'cp1252')

filesystem encoding: mbcs

Searching for game to manage:

bush.py 87 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py 147 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py 157 _detectGames: No known game in parent directory of Mopy: H:\Games\Steam\SteamApps2\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.py 187 setGame: No preferred game specified."

I'm curious, in step 7 of 05 Patching, you instruct us to remove Leveled Item from the Merged Patch, but nothing else, and I was wondering why?

Also, I left an observation on the posts on the page that directed me here, and now notice that comment section doesn't get much use. So, I'll note here that in step 5 we're supposed to run SSEEdit on the whole list (minus the bashed patch). I found I needed a second copy of SSEEdit without the command line for quick auto clean in order to do that.

Edit-I was looking through the posts for iNeed, and apparently there's a version that's still being updated here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19390?tab=description

Edit2-This sounds like a better fix for the flora respawn issue-I'm going to try it and thought it might be of interest (I've been using Flora Respawn Fix for ages in Oldrim, but this seems current and more useful) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27781?tab=description

Leveled Items: Because those are handled by the bashed patch.

I just noticed that I need a second launcher for SSEEdit in Vortex without the -quickautoclean argument. Thanks for noticing. :)

Thanks for the tips! I'll look into them when I can.

I've been struggling with Wrye Bash here, anyone have any suggestions? I've even tried editing the ini file

"

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 306
Python version: 2.7.8
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_AU', 'cp1252')

filesystem encoding: mbcs

Searching for game to manage:

bush.py 87 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py 147 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py 157 _detectGames: No known game in parent directory of Mopy: H:\Games\Steam\SteamApps2\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.py 187 setGame: No preferred game specified."

I have version 307. Can you try using that and see if you have the same issue?

• 1 month later...