Really bad framerate drops when Cells/LOD Load in, along with what seems to be shoddy looking LOD.

poke109

Hello! I have a problem where my framerate goes from a good, solid 50-60fps all the way down to as low as single digit framerates whenever distant building/objects load in, and maybe it always looked this odd, but the distant LOD looks pretty cut back in my opinion (Buildings not being there and then just randomly popping up etc), I remember the draw distance looking a bit better on my older system and older playthroughs of Fallout 3 but maybe that's just me. I've followed this guide https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3 for my mods and I've gotten everything needed for performance and stability (Unnoficial FO3 Patch, Increased Heap allocation, 4GB patch, NVAC, Updated OGG Libraries, Multicore Fixes, Up to date DX9 and Microsoft Visual C++ of the proper years for FO3) and instead of the stutter remover I'm using Fallout 3 Tick fix https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/23542 because Fallout stutter remover doesn't work and just crashes the game on Windows 10.

My system shouldn't be an issue because my specs are well beyond what's good enough for a Modded Fallout 3 playthrough even with an ENB and Textures (and even then I never had this problem when I had worse specs and similar mods). I have a Ryzen 5 1600, 16 Gigs of RAM, and an RX 580 8GB and my games are installed on a 7200 RPM Drive that was used when I had FO3 similarly modded on an older system with no problems. I've tried Disabling my ENB, Disabling my texture mods, nothing really seems to help it because it does it regardless of what hi-res textures are installed or whatever ENB I'm using (I'm using Atmos ENB which needs ENB v0278 to work, but it doesn't matter whether or not I have it installed or not).

Here's my load order (I have some smaller plugins merged to keep my load order down, haven't made a merged patch yet because I'm looking to solve this performance problem): https://imgur.com/A7Sz8lQ

Here's my INI Files:https://imgur.com/a/OK1b2vk

And here's some video footage of said problem with an OSD, The only thing I'm noticing is the bad frametimes:

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm at a loss here, I see similar setups of people with similar mods and system specs and they don't have problems this bad when it comes to framerate, so I'm wondering if there's some small obscure thing I haven't done or what, thanks again.

If you followed every step on that Guide ?

That's the source of your problems.

JIP and UUf3p both combined set up a stutter to begin with.

Compile all of that with yet more follower mods?

From what videos you've shown, that is exactly what to expect.

Stutter comes from the engine filling in spaces with clutter, staging animated content for which your current load order suggest.

You have nothing to complain about. there's nothing wrong at all with what I've seen here, except modding the hell out of the game.

Try NOT doing so much fixing on a very squeaky clean game and watch the frame rates go through the roof.

Try not breaking the game before you even get to play it.

Fallout 3 runs super smooth out of-the box on an atom processor better that the most expensive rigs out there.

My God you fell in the pool deep, Hook Line and sinker.

that's my advice. try just playing the normal game.

Edited by Purr4me

You have reached the limit of the mod files you can add to the game. You should probably remove at least 10 plugins.

Some of your plugins are not in the correct order. Mods with multiple plugins need to load in the same order as the DLCs.

You have reached the limit of the mod files you can add to the game. You should probably remove at least 10 plugins.

Some of your plugins are not in the correct order. Mods with multiple plugins need to load in the same order as this.

It is down right crazy the lengths people will go too , the games cap can be broken if you know what to do and how to do it.

But ,breaking the game before that takes place makes it impossible.

This was a prime example and why I posted a reply.

people just want to have fun no matter what, until the consequences kick in that is?

the load order in a picture does not really mean anything. a saved game does. So ,we are in agreement here.

If I shown anyone here whats possible in real life? it would blow your minds.

What I do is record sessions live remotely while monitoring the games flow rates.

What that means is I am actually in control of their PC but do nothing but watch, IF a problem occurs that affects what we are doing, I fix it hot.

PS: It's not JUST the load order of the plugins ,it's also the load order of the content FOR those plugins too.

This is something out of the norm and requires Faith.

I can edit anyone's operating system to out right fly !

Remove bottlenecks built into the PC before ever going near the games software's.

But, all that stuff I read on the link this user provided? really? just for 1 executable? 1 engine?

None of that is needed.

Some of those mods are not needed and are redundant because some cancel out others completely.

Too many people have been brainwashed.

Keep things simple .Learn how to merge mods that have mutable plug-ins for GOTY versions of the game.

Find and remove duplicated data. NOT just ITM's and UDR's but actual Identical content.

Too many are left in the dark. I'll be making arrangements to post on this sites videos shares of the work I do with others.

share some content.

Kitty

Edited by Purr4me

I've Re-Ordered some of my plugins so they're a bit cleaner, just didn't have time to mess with them, used LOOT before and then edited from there, I'll try and get my plugin count down more, other than the bad framerate the game is very stable when it comes to crashes, as for the S.T.E.P. Guide, I didn't follow exactly everything, for example I passed on some mods because I didn't want them/skipped over sections like the body mods section because I didn't want them, the thing is, I have this problem in a vanilla state too, even without the mods the performance has problems like this, or I wouldn't be asking for help.

I know how well the game runs because I used similar mods on a much worse system back in the day (Core 2 Quad, Radeon 5850 1GB) and never had any framerate problems like this, both modded or vanilla, and I don't think I downloaded JIP.

If I did, what plugin would that be?

Regardless thanks again.

I've Re-Ordered some of my plugins so they're a bit cleaner, just didn't have time to mess with them, used LOOT before and then edited from there, I'll try and get my plugin count down more, other than the bad framerate the game is very stable when it comes to crashes, as for the S.T.E.P. Guide, I didn't follow exactly everything, for example I passed on some mods because I didn't want them/skipped over sections like the body mods section because I didn't want them, the thing is, I have this problem in a vanilla state too, even without the mods the performance has problems like this, or I wouldn't be asking for help.

I know how well the game runs because I used similar mods on a much worse system back in the day (Core 2 Quad, Radeon 5850 1GB) and never had any framerate problems like this, both modded or vanilla, and I don't think I downloaded JIP.

If I did, what plugin would that be?

Regardless thanks again.

A7Sz8lQ.png

Yeah, The JIP selective fire doesn't affect performance at all, I've tried no-enb, vanilla game has the same bad performance problems. Nothing is necessarily making things better or worse no matter what mods I do or don't have.

in game ,what are your graphics settings.

outside of the game ,what are the settings for the system.

in any mod manager cuz they do have them, what are the settings set at?

windows 10 latest version, there is a graphics setting the game does deal with in game.

It deals with font scaling, if you have that turned up past 100%, reduce it as low as you can go, leave current desk top settings where they are.

The game does not use the desktop environments but does use font tables.

Is the games engine certified on the system? I mean is the certificate installed for it on windows 10? <---this deals with windows removing Obsolete files.