CTD problem fixed

PiaPsiana

So I've had a problem that occured to a lot of people: A CTD (you can theoretically skip to the third paragraph)

Some time before that I've started my new playtrough with a lot of mods and I've just finished some quests in Whiterun. Since I was approaching my plugin limit, I've decided to delete some minor mods that I didn't use anyways. Little did I know of the consequences. My save files were corrupt after that and I couldn't load them anymore. I've tried everything I could to repair them but nothing worked and in the end I've decided to just start a new game. At least I've learned my lesson: Don't delete mods mid playtrough just like that.

So now, I've started a new game, everything worked fine. I could play normally, nothing happened, it was all good. Then I've loaded my last save(manually saved) and it happened: The game crashed.

I tried loading it again. Didn't work.

I used Alternate Starte- Live Another Live and was just in the starting room before even picking a start. The only thing I did do was changing some settings for my installed mods via the MCM.

After that I was a bit devasted at first of course. I mean, I thought I had escaped my earlier problems and now Skyrim wouldn't just work again. Still, I calmed myself and started looking for solutions. I've checked every post I could find and tried all possible fixes but nothing worked.

This very morning I started a new game once more. I chose an alternate start, waited for all my mods to be properly installed and opened the MCM. This time, whenever I made a change, I would save my game and load it to see if the game crashed.

Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Soon I've started to see a pattern. Whenever I activated an option to enable messages by a mod(like for RnD a message when you're fatigued or for CACO when you gain cooking experience) a CTD occured for me. That wasn't a big deal, I didn't really need those messages so I just didn't enable them and the game loaded properly.

I don't know if this can help anyone else but perhaps there is someone out there that has the exact same problem and perhaps this is the solution for it.

If I notice a change, I will inform you.