Dialogue Result - Moving NPC to different location

zelazko

PositionCell xPosition, yPosition, zPosition, direction, "CellID"

or example:

"Dabienne Mornardl"->PositionCell, -564, -61, 934, 0, "Rethan Manor"

Will make NPC move to given location when right dialogue is met.

I tried using

"NPCID"->PositionCell, 0, 400, 0, 0, "Valenvaryon, Propylon Chamber"

but this will just not work. However when I use without the ID it moves NPC to the location:

PositionCell, 0, 400, 0, 0, "Valenvaryon, Propylon Chamber"

Problem with

I have is that it will move NPC instantly without displaying the dialogue. I tried to add Goodbye but it does not fix that.

Any code monkey knows better solution?

In my previous attempts I found that using PositionCell with the NPC ID worked as intended. But now it works halfway only and it was move to the same cell with same coordinates. :sleep:

Found workaround by making Choice function and adding only one choice. :D

Notes:
Using PositionCell in dialog results isn’t reliable, and may cause crashes: some users have no
problems with it, but for others it will crash the game, and for some users it may simply fail
unpredictably (this doesn't seem to be version-dependent, not sure what causes it). The way
Bethesda does this correctly is to use StartScript to start a script that does the teleporting.
(Forum Info/Emma).
You should not use this function on items that are in the players inventory, this causes MW to
crash (Forum info/Nigedo).
If you are repositioning the player immediately on detecting PC cell or CellChanged (e.g.
preventing teleport to a forbidden destination), you may need to introduce a delay of one or
two frames before using PositionCell to move the player back out of the cell, otherwise the
player may not end up at the correct coordinates. (Forum info / Monica21)

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-44-12396

I leave it for legacy for anyone googling may come in handy never know.

Edited by zelazko

I had no problems with moving, but there is a limitation of the game engine.

You can only move the object into the cell where the player has been for the last 72 hours, otherwise there may be problems.

Therefore, I use a script that disables the object and moves it only when the player enters this cell.

PositionCell xPosition, yPosition, zPosition, direction, "CellID"

or example:

"Dabienne Mornardl"->PositionCell, -564, -61, 934, 0, "Rethan Manor"

Will make NPC move to given location when right dialogue is met.

I tried using

"NPCID"->PositionCell, 0, 400, 0, 0, "Valenvaryon, Propylon Chamber"

but this will just not work. However when I use without the ID it moves NPC to the location:

Problem with

I have is that it will move NPC instantly without displaying the dialogue. I tried to add Goodbye but it does not fix that.

Any code monkey knows better solution?

In my previous attempts I found that using PositionCell with the NPC ID worked as intended. But now it works halfway only and it was move to the same cell with same coordinates. :sleep:

Found workaround by making Choice function and adding only one choice. :D

Notes:
Using PositionCell in dialog results isn’t reliable, and may cause crashes: some users have no
problems with it, but for others it will crash the game, and for some users it may simply fail
unpredictably (this doesn't seem to be version-dependent, not sure what causes it). The way
Bethesda does this correctly is to use StartScript to start a script that does the teleporting.
(Forum Info/Emma).
You should not use this function on items that are in the players inventory, this causes MW to
crash (Forum info/Nigedo).
If you are repositioning the player immediately on detecting PC cell or CellChanged (e.g.
preventing teleport to a forbidden destination), you may need to introduce a delay of one or
two frames before using PositionCell to move the player back out of the cell, otherwise the
player may not end up at the correct coordinates. (Forum info / Monica21)

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-44-12396

I leave it for legacy for anyone googling may come in handy never know.

I moved NPC to that cell using dialogue result and never have visited that cell before. NPC was there right after it got moved and and after waiting more 72 before entering that cell first time. OpenMW tested though.

Edited by zelazko

This does not guarantee the absence of an error.

For example: the moveAhnassi script is fixed in PfP

Sometimes Ahnassi did not appear in her house.

When checking, I managed to get this error several times.

Then the error disappeared and I could not repeat it again.

What affects this is not known.

I have my high hopes. It works on my savegame that numerously changed by adding and deleting mods. It works on new game too.

Users will prove it in the end if they will be interested enough to use the mod.

Edited by zelazko

you can try

Goodbye

PositionCell

if it does not work, a safer alternative should be a global autostarted script

e.g.

Goodbye

StartScript myMoveScript

begin myMoveScript

if ( MenuMode )

return ; important to avoid possible crash using positioncell while still in dialog

endif

StopScript myMoveScript

PositionCell blah

end

[EDIT] I think the problem with original moveAhnassi script may be there are 2 calls to CellChanged in same frame

Edited by abot

Problem I was encountering was because I used "NPC ID"-> where I should have just used without NPC ID given it was the same actor that was going to get teleported. Choice function to make dialogue split in two helps a lot with the delay so the NPC will not disappear while still in the dialogue mode.

you can try
Goodbye
PositionCell

if it does not work, a safer alternative should be a global autostarted script
e.g.

Goodbye
StartScript myMoveScript

begin myMoveScript

if ( MenuMode )
return ; important to avoid possible crash using positioncell while still in dialog
endif

StopScript myMoveScript
PositionCell blah

end

[EDIT] I think the problem with original moveAhnassi script may be there are 2 calls to CellChanged in same frame

Abot you seem very knowledgeable is there way to trade items with NPC under

AiFollow Player 

Also I couldn't find anywhere how to make NPC change its class via dialogue results or scripts.

I lost this bet against Morrowind engine:

"NPC ID"->Setclass "Guard"

I got the feeling maybe I get lucky with this command. :D

Edited by zelazko

> is there way to trade items with NPC under AIFollow

IIRC you need to change sCompanionShare Tribunal GMST from Share to Companion Share

so the dialog topic can work

(see mods like Cortex's Vampire Embrace as example)

> Also I couldn't find anywhere how to make NPC change its class via dialogue results or scripts

I don't think it is possible with standard scripting, maybe you could ask Nullcascade to add it to MWSE-Lua but you would probably have to calculate skills and other adjustments, similar to changing NPC level

> StopScript - will not give the second call

if you mean 2nd line below (positioncell) will not be executed?

StopScript myMoveScript

PositionCell blah

I think all script lines until return or end should be still executed in current frame

Edited by abot