How to put NPCs and items that I created via construction set to places in the game (buildings, chests, etc)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, does anyone know how to put spells on the NPCs? I try to drag and drop the summon clanfear from the Gameplay -> Magic effects, but it doesn't work. I can't drag and drop it

If you want to add some spells to an NPC's spell book, you should be drag&drop'ing them from the Spells, not Magic Effects. Magic Effects is what Spells are constructed of, 1 spell has N effects. But you can't "cast" effects themselves but only actual spells.

However, how to then make the NPC also actually cast these spells is sadly something I know only very little about myself. The AI will likely make them use a healing spell when their health gets low, or select combat spells when their AI is configured to do so, but when or how they will use summon spells I really don't know. Maybe checking the generic "conjurers" in the CS will give an idea. They should be doing summons regularly, sometimes even directly "on going into" a fight.

Hey, does anyone know how to put spells on the NPCs? I try to drag and drop the summon clanfear from the Gameplay -> Magic effects, but it doesn't work. I can't drag and drop it

If you want to add some spells to an NPC's spell book, you should be drag&drop'ing them from the Spells, not Magic Effects. Magic Effects is what Spells are constructed of, 1 spell has N effects. But you can't "cast" effects themselves but only actual spells.

However, how to then make the NPC also actually cast these spells is sadly something I know only very little about myself. The AI will likely make them use a healing spell when their health gets low, or select combat spells when their AI is configured to do so, but when or how they will use summon spells I really don't know. Maybe checking the generic "conjurers" in the CS will give an idea. They should be doing summons regularly, sometimes even directly "on going into" a fight.

Thanx, I made it. Now please tell me gow to open a render window to put the NPCs in there.

In the menus across the top of the CS click View and then select Render Window in the dropdown list.

- Edit - You'll use the Cell View window to choose what to view in the Render window. By default Interiors will be listed in that dropdown ... for game exterior cells scroll down to Tamriel and then you will be able to see all the game exterior cells.

Edited by Striker879

In the menus across the top of the CS click View and then select Render Window in the dropdown list.

- Edit - You'll use the Cell View window to choose what to view in the Render window. By default Interiors will be listed in that dropdown ... for game exterior cells scroll down to Tamriel and then you will be able to see all the game exterior cells.

Thank you. The problem is that it's hard to navigate in the cell and some of the NPCs are in the air, so they fall down when enter the place. Does anyone know how to rotate the camera?

To scroll (move to a different location) in the cell to use the Space bar plus drag with the mouse (ya ... it's kind of clunky). When you drag and drop your NPC/item into the Render window hit the f key and they will fall down until they either hit the ground/floor or hit an obstruction. You can move them around in the cell once they are dropped using the mouse to click and drag once the mouse cursor turns into a cross over their bounding box. To move them vertically you use the mouse to click and drag up or down in the Render window while holding down the v key. To get a view of them rotated in the Render window you hold Shift while dragging the mouse.

Click on them with the cursor turned to a cross and drag sort of in a circle around where they are standing. For NPCs that will only be their orginal position and direction they are facing. Once their AI kicks in they'll exectute their current package and if the player approaches close enough they'll turn to look/face the player. The rotating is most useful for items and furniture.

Edited by Striker879