LooksMenu t-pose problem

cmdkeen22486

Hello,

there is a problem where ther character is doing the t-pose when entering the body section of the looks menu. Also this problem breaks the camera changes when entering different sections of the looks menu.

I now found the solution for this problem. Maybe there is another way what will also lead to the same problem but here is what it solves it for me and my girlfriend.

Condition to have this problem:

. Having LooksMenu

. Havin Start Me Up

Steps:

. Start a new game (maybe others can find out how to fix for existing savegames)

. When coming to character creation, just choose the desired gender and quit it.

. Wait till all mod messages are gone (maybe not necessary)

. Leave bathroom / Activate the Start Me Up dialog.

.. Do NOT choose the first option there.

. Play the intro after the point where you leave the vault with the elevator.

.. Once you used the elevator the game will load outside cells and character will tell some stuff.

... After this point the looks menu will work properly.

I hope this helps you people out with this nasty problem. I nailed the problem down to the elevator. Right before the elevator is being used the looks menu doesn't work. Then you use the elevator and it is there. Seems elevator triggers not just the quest progress but also other things in the game what will lead to the problem.

My girlfriend did a bit of research and she told that later in the game there will be another elevator what might not work what leads to mainquest not being able to finish.

Hope it helps people.

Cheers

M&N

• 5 months later...

What M&N is describing can also happen if you're using the SLM xxxxxxxx command on NPC's. Regardless of where you are in the game. Sometimes it happens to the NPC, sometimes it happens to the PC after the editing is done on the NPC.

Usually just jumping, will break the T-pose.

Keep in mind tho that the Looksmenu mod doesn't include changes to the camera. So it's gonna go with the default vanilla camera.

And yeah, there is just tons upon tons of stuff that goes on with the game as far as scripts and activators from the time that your characters first show up in the bathroom, to the time that they reach the pipboy, to the time that they go to leave the fault. A LOT of scripts are also set to fire, right after you reach the top of the elevator when getting outside.

Last couple of times I've been relying on a save just before the elevator. I exit the vault and save the game, then I install most of the mods. LM can be opened anywhere at any point in time, so it's not necessary to use it at that part of the game.

That's actually the best route to go. Then rename and respec the character there at the elevator.

Do the whole thing of making the character, then save it as a preset. Open the game menu, load the save game of that character, for me... it's either Ready2goToonM or Ready2goToonF. Hop in the elevator change appearance, load preset, change name, and respec (forced when changing a character's name) then exit and save after everything loads.

End result: Brand new character all ready to go. Different savegame branch and everything :)

Oh. For those that don't know how to open the game menu while you're in the character creator (CC) to go to the load savegame. It's really simple. Just open a folder up, any folder, before starting the game. When you're done saving your preset just press and hold the ALT key on your keyboard, then hit the TAB key on your keyboard.

It will show you the choices of your active windows. You just select the open folder. Then switch back to the game. The game will have frozen and will be in the game menu when you return to it.