Changing Character Appearance After Creation

AurianaValoria1

I don't really want to lose my current character's stats...is there a way to change the head model (or even race) post char-gen via some sort of mod? Edited by AurianaValoria1

It can be done by editing your saved game with one of these GFF editors. It's not what I would call easy, but I found

to show how the editor is used for adding a tail. Changing a head would be easier than the tail, since you wouldn't need to define any new tints -- just a matter of changing the number for the "head" entry.

Changing the race (or at least looking like that race) is much easier, and can be done with a script in-game. There's this command that goes like this:

SetCreatureAppearanceType(oPC, iAppearanceNumber);

But I think you'd need to create a script to run from the console, rather than using this command directly, because I don't think you can identify the PC directly. If there's a script command that can change the head, it would be a lot easier than using the GFF editor, and it could be made more user-friendly, but I can't seem to find one.

I tried out the file I linked myself, and it's actually not too bad. You just run TlkEdit2, open the player.bic that's stored in one of your saved game folders, and look for Appearance_Head and Appearance_Hair, and change the numbers you find there. This of course means you'll need to find out the number of whichever head/hair you want, which may require checking in the toolset to see what they look like. You can also use it to change your height and girth. Edited by Tchos

Ohhh, I forgot about that little tool. Thanks for reminding me. :D

Will it work with modded heads, though? Or just those included in the vanilla game?

Yes, my test was on a modded head. The extra modded heads are in the same groups, just higher numbers. Mine was 87. It doesn't care what the number is or check it against what's available, but obviously if you enter a number that you don't actually have a head for, the character will probably be headless.

• 2 years later...

Don't know if anyone's still on here, but how about companions? I started a game, found a modded head for Safiya I like, but I would need to start a new game for it to override the original. I can see the head listing, but I don't know how to get it to change value... what I'm after is a file called co_safiya.utc

Sure, I'm always here.

I haven't tried what you're trying to do, but I don't think you want to edit the utc (creature blueprint) once the game is started, because I don't think that the characters are recreated from their blueprints once the game has started in most cases. Try instead editing the safiya.ros file in your most recent saved game folder. You can edit it with any number of NWN2 file editing utilities. I usually use TLKEdit2. You'll get a bunch of names and their values. Look for the head and change its number to something you want.

• 10 months later...

Was hoping to ask some questions about this actually. Tried using the nwn2 editor by ScriptorRon and it had everything but voice sets and appearance tabs, which worked great for changing deities but not voices :x Downloaded leto/ITPTools and ran into trouble with those (leto kinda ate the test save apparently and changing voice sets with ITP doesn't seem to work, though deities did.

Any editors that can change voice sets? Thanks.