Hair and brow replacements custom NPC facegen meshes

Charles17

Hello. I am working on an extensive personal project whereas I'm taking around 20 or so npc replacer mods and trying to give each and every one ks hairs, specific brows and beards, and remove their dependencies on author induced textures. I prefer they just use the bodies and textures I already use. Eventually I'll combine them all into a single esp and have the looks from each mod.

My problem is after I make my changes to the npc, save, then export facegen, I have what appears to be a vanilla model head with the hair and brows I chose. The custom head sculpting from the authors design is simply gone. Is there an additional step needed to preserve the original mesh/head shape?

Edited by Charles17

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello. I am working on an extensive personal project whereas I'm taking around 20 or so npc replacer mods and trying to give each and every one ks hairs, specific brows and beards, and remove their dependencies on author induced textures. I prefer they just use the bodies and textures I already use. Eventually I'll combine them all into a single esp and have the looks from each mod.

My problem is after I make my changes to the npc, save, then export facegen, I have what appears to be a vanilla model head with the hair and brows I chose. The custom head sculpting from the authors design is simply gone. Is there an additional step needed to preserve the original mesh/head shape?

You likely did overwrite the custom facegen mesh when you exported the facegen data from CK. That means the custom facegen sculpt would be replaced with the vanilla sculpt shown inside CK, because CK doesn't display custom facegen data, only what data is saved in the ESP. The facegen data is saved outside the ESP. There are usually both meshes and textures for NPC's facegen data. Look in your Meshes folder and try to find the specific facegen meshes for those NPCs and replace them with the ones provided by the mod.