Download Speed is very slow (Premium)

chg3004

Vortex Version: 1.0.0

Hi, I downloaded small files which are less than 500MB with decent speed (2~3 MB/s) and now I am trying to download huge files like Weaponsmith Extended(4.27GB), unique NPCs(6.31GB) but the speed doesn't go up higher than 128 KB/s. ( I had like 1~2 MB/s before renewing my premium membership )

So I tried something like restarting vortex, setting 'preferred download location' to closest server as possible (Singapore in my case), cancel and redownload the file.

Unfortunately, nothing helped my download speed to go up.

My average steam download speed is about 50 MB/s so it doesn't seem like my internet problem.

ctcB1uH.png mYXKZEH.png

The problem could be a server between the Nexus and you, that isn't affecting your connection with Steam.

It's happened to all of us with the Nexus.

Guess I should stick to non-premium then. So ironic that CDN is much faster than desginated server which is closest to my location.

The problem could be a server between the Nexus and you, that isn't affecting your connection with Steam.

Guess I should stick to non-premium then. So ironic that CDN is much faster than desginated server which is closest to my location.

Like I said, it could be a temporary glitch, all of us have experienced that, but you do whatever works for you.

I paid for Lifetime access 11 years ago, and sometimes the Chicago Premium Server works better than the Miami server just a few hundred miles away.

Like I said, it could be a temporary glitch, all of us have experienced that, but you do whatever works for you.

I paid for Lifetime access 11 years ago, and sometimes the Chicago Premium Server works better than the Miami server just a few hundred miles away.

So switching server can help? I should try out. Thanks

I've got 300Mbs internet and see downloads of 200Kbps on a great day usual speeds are half that. Its not our networks its the Vortex service causing problems. Vortex is doing something that has slowed download speeds. Mods downloaded last year without Vortex were literally 10 times faster. Vortex please stop doing this!!!!!

Edited by glbernini

Best way to test whether it's Vortex or not is to try manually downloading from the site through your browser. If the manual download is significantly faster than the Vortex download, then it's likely to be Vortex. In 2 years, we've yet to be given evidence Vortex has been the cause of any slow download speeds.

We have over 20Gbps of connectivity over 8 physical servers in 8 locations on 3 continents. We are never at maximum capacity, either in IO or in bandwidth. Whatever issues you are experiencing are going to be in the infrastructure beyond our servers and between our ISPs and your router, which we have absolutely no control over whatsoever.

Comparing download speeds on Nexus Mods to Steam is utterly futile. As one of the largest users of internet bandwidth in the world Steam have deals with almost every major ISP with content caches in hundreds of major cities and locations around the world. We cannot compete with a company that makes billions of dollars every year. Worse - a lot of the time we get slow download reports it's because the user didn't realise Steam was updating a game in the background and taking all the bandwidth...

• 1 year later...

I have this same issue, the download speed is throttled to under 128 KB/s on both the site and on vortex. But then I did it on my work computer and it was 11MB/s. Then I just uploaded the mods to Mega and downloaded them at 30 MB/s. I have faster internet at home than at work. How do I work around this throttling? A VPN did not fix the problem for me.

Guest deleted34304850

i'd suggest not necro'ing a 2 year old thread to report the "same" issue would be a good start, then i'd go to the main feedback forum, read the hundreds of posts in there about similar issues, look for the diagnostics that are requested to help diagnose issues, and give them up.

that's what i'd do to try and work around your issue.