Can anyone please?

cybermouse2

Hello friends.

I have this strange request, if anyone could help me...

Four little, almost insignificant things that were never done before as i know.

If you can do it, i would apreciate a mod like that (or four). If it cannot be done, please tell me. If you can't do it, but you know how is done, please say so. I don't know modding, but if it's easy and simple i will try.

I don't request that someone do all of it. Or even that it's done in the same mod or multiple mods. But if you can help with some of it, i thank you. And even if it's just a little thing, it helps.

I don't have the Awakening DLC, for the records.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

* I would like to change the survival skill to grant a small bonus to fire, eletricity and cold resistence after the first level, a third (or even half) of what it gives to nature resistence. The reason is the survival skill is useless, but if it grants you something, more people will consider pick survival. Alternatively it could give you the same resistence to both nature and cold (and there is survival in cold environments), and just that would make it usefull, if not powerfull - but not broken at higher levels.
Simple idea, right?

* I would like to change stealth to be a general skill and stealing to be a rogue ability. Reason is simple: anyone should be able to just hide, but steal things is something rogues do. It gives rogues a small but definitive advantage, but also allows warriors to scout and mages to run and hide. Now, i know there are some mods that bring stealth to the general skills (sometimes even lockpicking - and i don't think that makes sense), but no one makes stealing and trap making talents only for rogues. It's all about making Rogue talents available to everyone and not about making rogues unique.
It can be done easily?

* I think that the requirements for skills is really low. All skills requirements could go 10, 13, 16, 19 instead of 10, 12, 14, 16 and would still make sense and be plausible. You could even make the skills requirements go 10, 14, 18, 22 if you are hardcore. I am. That said, stealth as a general skill should have dexterity requirements, right? Survival should have constitution (or willpower) requirements, right? I don't know, maybe?
If it's not too hard to do.

* Could the cooldown of the potions be twice as long?
Because sometimes the game is just too easy.

Not important side notes:

>>> More skill points would be nice. Like 1,5x or even 2x more as you level. Because you have more or less 7 points to play with and even for rogues (who get like 10~11) is still very hard. Of course, you have companions and such, but hey, it would be good if you could learn more skills - especially if you're roleplaying a thief who is a master of many crafts. And yes, i know you can use console commands to just add skill points, but why not be more honest and imersive and play the game with a mod who does that?

>>>The same can be said to talents for warriors, 1,5x or even 2x more would help a lot. It's not about being more powerfull, it's about be able to use more and diferent weapons.

>>> The Shapeshifter forms are all really, really weak, can someone, i don't know, tweak a bit? The easiest way would be give the passive dog talents to the forms. Nemesis, Fortitude, Combat Training (dog). Or maybe not Combat Training (dog) and instead Bravery and Powerfull - Those are warrior talents. Using existing talents should be easier than creating new content, right?

>>> For the last, and that's harder i think, why there's not a "nature" magic with summons? I mean, we do have the Ranger specialization talents that do the same, why not create a spell list that does just that? And yes, i know there are mods for summoners, sometimes huge imersive mods, but those are hardly balanced, while copy and paste the rogue talents as spells is just a easy way to do it.

Like i said, if you can help, please and thank you.

Edited by cybermouse2

Thank you

I think i was not really clear? My fault.

I changed my comment to:

"Now, i know there are some mods that bring stealth to the general skills (sometimes even lockpicking - and i don't think that makes sense), but no one makes stealing and trap making talents only for rogues. It's all about making Rogue talents available to everyone and not about making rogues unique."

Do you know any mods that make stealing a rogue talent? Maybe replacing the stealth that just move to the general skills?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx Balmz

Some of those are very good.

I didn't understand at first what they had to do with my questions - then i read the description of each change in each mode. Indeed, they are very, very, good at rebalancing the whole "thiefing" mechanic and adding new content to rogue-like characters. Still, they have a LOT of changes, and many not related - i will have to carefull read again before use it.

I still didn't found a MOD that just give more talents / skills though. I do use a mod to level up slower and make the monsters stronger, so the fights are a lot harder - but i do like to have more options for weapons and spells.

But i guess i will find something like that sooner or later.

Edited by cybermouse2