Looping Animation on NPC - how to stop

BlueGunk

For one reason or another I have an NPC stuck in an animation. She's wandering around OK while the animation is looping. (It's probably a mod conflict but that's for me to find.)

Is there a console 'kill switch' command for animations so I can stop the loop? I have not been able to find one.

I have tried disable/enable; resetai; recycle actor; kill-resurrect. None of them work.

Any suggestions gratefully received! Thank you.

NPC or follower? For a follower, if for instance you're using AFT, what I do when that happens is unfollow them, then refollow them. Sometimes it takes a few tries.

If a random NPC, no, I have no idea.

(PS> I've had to do that for three/four followers so far. 1) Sofia, 2) Sha, and 3) a pair of sisters from Kynanryth (spelling) whose names escape me right now) Sofia was by far the worst with a variety of looping glitches. And the others (and her) all did this thing where they'd walk away from me towards (presumably) their original homes.

I suspect that some script gets gummed up, as you noted, by a mod contention. I haven't experienced it recently, but if it happens again, I'm tempted to stop, save, exit, and check to see what's going on by examining the save file with fallrim tools.

Thank you for your input.

The NPC is a follower. I could try the unfollow / refollow - thanks for the idea!

I've examined the Papyrus logs and know the animation event is closed script-wise. Re-saver does not show anything that appears stuck in any way. So why the animation picks up again is flummoxing me.

I am not using AFT - using Nethers Follower Framework.

Your "gummed up" concept is about the right description for it!

Thank you for your input.

The NPC is a follower. I could try the unfollow / refollow - thanks for the idea!

I've examined the Papyrus logs and know the animation event is closed script-wise. Re-saver does not show anything that appears stuck in any way. So why the animation picks up again is flummoxing me.

I am not using AFT - using Nethers Follower Framework.

Your "gummed up" concept is about the right description for it!

PS> if you have SL installed, you can hard-stop animations (I think ) from the SL MCM. There's a submenu on its MCM that allows "Stop all animations". Not sure if it's only for SL events or for everything, but it might be worth a try if this persists. That is, presuming you have SL

In addition, although I'm not familiar with UFF, but I'd check its command menu to see if it has a "Stop ALL" or similar command (Stop: All is in the AFT command set, although I don't recall if I've ever used it so I'm not even sure what it does) That might do it too.

good luck

Two things! Firstly I solved the issue of the animation loop - it was another animation that was incorrectly applied causing the loop. :laugh:

Secondly, yes I did try the SL "Stop Animations" but that (like everything else I tried) did not work.

So all is now OK - I found the culprit! Thanks for your help!

• 10 months later...

Two things! Firstly I solved the issue of the animation loop - It was another animation that was incorrectly applied causing the loop. :laugh:

A shot in the dark but worth it - I'm one of those "Future Folk" mentioned by Anjen, scratching my head!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys - it was an animation from Private Needs, causing permanent urination in a follower. I had to use a console command to get the NPC to drop an item "dropitem" and the ref no of the effect/thingy.

• 3 weeks later...