Followers And Their Baggage

Adipose

When I refer to followers and their baggage I'm writing about aspects of the mod that I'm forced to accept if I want to use that character. Frex, a follower character may have the shout ability. I feel that the only character who has that ability should be mine so that makes that mod unacceptable. Then I often find various other types of followers appealing, however, on reading their description I may find that in order to use that mod I'll need to download one or more other mod requirements, thus loading more memory hungry mods that add to the clutter on my computer. That usually makes those mods unacceptable, no matter how good they look. Over time I've decided that less is more and infinitely preferable. The more mods one is forced to accept the more one finds that unforeseen conflicts arise with an increase in bugs, glitches, freezes, ctds and other unpleasant results. One final observation. Group follower mods. One big advantage of follower groups is that one can acquire several followers with one download. The drawback is that it's likely the player will be faced with an increased variety relating to gear, weapons, skills, behavior etc. ad nauseum. This often consumes game time spent in satisfying various npc requirements...even though most followers work quite well no matter what they wear or what weapon they use. Shucks, I've even had them run about the countryside totally starkers, just to watch'em bounce, quiver and bobble. Frankly, the naked human body, when bouncing and flopping, is really a hoot...at least to me. Clothes really do make the character...particularly if they're an overblown, double D doxie with a totally vacuous expression.

Ah yes, the totally self-absorbed wunderkind, dear Ms. Sofia. I made the mistake of marrying her...once. The woman then embarked on a career in which she specialized in draining my Septim reserve. There is one other character mod that does that, though I can't bring up her name at the moment.

Ah yes, the totally self-absorbed wunderkind, dear Ms. Sofia. I made the mistake of marrying her...once. The woman then embarked on a career in which she specialized in draining my Septim reserve. There is one other character mod that does that, though I can't bring up her name at the moment.

You must have downloaded my last real-life GF. :dry: