So I've spent several hours modding up my game as carefully as I can, following the installing order of this guide.
Initially, my issue was with SexLab Defeat SE having an incompatible animation behavioural file for SSE.
- This would cause the game from preventing to start up whatsoever.
- Fixed by uninstalling the mod, allowing the game to go into the main menu without issue.
Here is my current load order.
My current issue, now, is that I get a CTD upon starting a new game (I have no saved game to load for testing).
- After unchecking the latter 50% of plugins (starting from Schlongs of Skyrim onwards) in NMM, the issue was lifted, and the cart to Helgen sequence loaded without bugs or crashes.
- This led me to think that Alternate Start may have been the culprit.
- After checking the Alternate Start plugins to on, but leaving the rest of the plugins unchanged, I get a CTD during the new game loading screen.
- This confirmed the issue... or so I thought.
- After checking ALL mods EXCEPT the Alternate Start plugins (and their patches/addons) to on, I get a CTD during the new game loading screen again.
Now I'm stuck - could it be Alternate Start in conjunction with one or two other mods causing separate issues at the same point in time?
LOOT gives me no errors of any kind, as all dependencies are set up as the mods expect, and I'm not really sure how else I can go about it other than testing one mod at a time for the next 100+ mods (I'm nearly at 220).