Photo

Skyrim SE (CTD on New Game with Alternate Start)

alternate start ctd crash desktop new game heavy mods

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

StarTrekManiac2

StarTrekManiac2

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 40 posts

So I've spent several hours modding up my game as carefully as I can, following the installing order of this guide.

Initially, my issue was with SexLab Defeat SE having an incompatible animation behavioural file for SSE.

• This would cause the game from preventing to start up whatsoever.
  • Fixed by uninstalling the mod, allowing the game to go into the main menu without issue.

Here is my current load order.

Spoiler

My current issue, now, is that I get a CTD upon starting a new game (I have no saved game to load for testing).

1. After unchecking the latter 50% of plugins (starting from Schlongs of Skyrim onwards) in NMM, the issue was lifted, and the cart to Helgen sequence loaded without bugs or crashes.

2. This led me to think that Alternate Start may have been the culprit.

3. After checking the Alternate Start plugins to on, but leaving the rest of the plugins unchanged, I get a CTD during the new game loading screen.

4. This confirmed the issue... or so I thought.

5. After checking ALL mods EXCEPT the Alternate Start plugins (and their patches/addons) to on, I get a CTD during the new game loading screen again.

Now I'm stuck - could it be Alternate Start in conjunction with one or two other mods causing separate issues at the same point in time?
LOOT gives me no errors of any kind, as all dependencies are set up as the mods expect, and I'm not really sure how else I can go about it other than testing one mod at a time for the next 100+ mods (I'm nearly at 220).

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 15,203 posts

Amidian Born Skyforge Weapons is a Skyrim LE mod.

Do you have Skyrim LE mods installed in Skyrim SE?

StarTrekManiac2

StarTrekManiac2

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 40 posts

Amidian Born Skyforge Weapons is a Skyrim LE mod.

Do you have Skyrim LE mods installed in Skyrim SE?

Hmm.... I do have some, but I thought some were meant to be compatible. For example I'm using some of RefurbMadness' male armors for LE. RefurbMadness (RM) herself stated how to convert her LE Male armors to SE by using SSE Nif Optimizer, and then loading and resaving the plugins in the CK.

Also, as per Step 1 of my OP, the aMidianBorn Skyforge Weapons mod was still activated when I ran the test. I got into the game fine with it active.

There may be 1 or 2 other LE mods that I cant remember off by heart, but typically I avoided LE as much as possible after those mods. Indeed, they or any other could be the culprit and I'll have to test with and without them tomorrow when I'm back to my gaming PC.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 15,203 posts

No, you can just randomly use Skyrim LE mods in Skyrim SE Mods

That's most likely the cause of your CTDs

StarTrekManiac2

StarTrekManiac2

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 40 posts

OK so I can confirm after thorough testing (10 activated plugins per test) that it is in fact Schlongs of Skyrim that is the culprit.

Whether or not LE mods will cause CTD's or bugs later is yet to be determined, but for sure they are not the problem at this time.

Before I attempt to re-install it (and other mods that override, such as body meshes or XMPSE), I am hoping someone can help me understand the outputted Papyrus Log when the CTD occurs.

papyrus.0.log

Spoiler

StarTrekManiac2

StarTrekManiac2

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 40 posts

FIXED !!

Here's the ordered steps i took:

1. Uninstalled Schlongs of Skyrim SE

2. Uninstalled Tempered Skins for Males SE (SOS version) available here.

3. Uninstalled XPMSE.

4. Installed SoS SE again.

5. Installed Tempered Skins again.

6. Installed XPMSE again.

7. Tested - working. No issues in racemenu either - I can adjust the schlong sliders and such and undress without further CTD's.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 15,203 posts

Thanks for coming back and posting HOW you fixed it
It will help somebody in the future.

StarTrekManiac2

StarTrekManiac2

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 40 posts

Thanks for coming back and posting HOW you fixed it
It will help somebody in the future.

Haha indeed - it always pains me when others dont explain or rush over any details.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alternate start, ctd, crash, desktop, new game, heavy, mods

Page loaded in: 1.057 seconds