Ammo Count Checking reload sound issue

ViscontiRogue

Hi,

I have Hitman's Ammo Checking and Condition mod, fantastic btw, along with Gun Reload Sounds and Checking Sound fix, for missing audio.

The issue I am having is that when NPC's reload I am hearing the player reload sound ( like its right in your ear ) even when the NPC is very far away, their reload sound is as if they are right in front of me.

If anyone can suggest how I can fix this via the xEditor or any ideas for other way to fix, any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Having the sound "fade" or volume vary by distance is called "attenuation". "Stereo" (at least in this game) doesn't attenuate, while "mono" files do. (Please see the note in the beginning of the "Music and Sounds" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article for the details.)

You might want to search Nexus on the keyword "sound" (which turns up 203 mods on that subject) for audio file replacement mods first.

The sound file is linked to the animation file that is used. You either need to replace the current file (which is probably "stereo" format) with one which is "mono" format using the same filename; or find and edit the animation file calling the sound file and tell it to use a different file. If you install a "sound replacement" mod, you can then use FNVEdit to look for mod conflicts on a particular weapon, and build a "compatibility patch file" to have your file preference from the replacement mod for the "winner". Please see the wiki article "Compatibility Patching" for the basic process. There is also the "Multiple file Merge-Up Procedure" article for a more complex example.

-Dubious-