Making Custom Races

DrakkenAmore

Hello! I've been using Skyrim SE mods for a while and it's pretty fun, but someone has given me a new and very tricky idea. To create a large number of custom races based on a universe from a novel I've been writing.

I wondered where the best place to start would be? The first races I'd probably look at are the Dragons and Kitsunes.

I found a Half Dragon mod that does the dragons pretty decently, but i can't change the colour of the scales and I'd like to set them shouts or breath attacks from the character creation screen if possible (eg pick fire element for the dragon and they spawn with red scales and the flame breath shout unlocked)

The kitsunes are... awkward. Most I have ever found is a single tail mod and I'd like to be able to have them pick between 1 to 9 tails and preferably multiple fur colours too (black, grey, red and gold are the main lot). Also I'd like them to have a unique attack involving their tails and throwing Kitsune Fire but again, not sure where to start.

So i guess at the end of this ramble, where can I start please? Where do you suggest I look?

• 5 months later...