I cannot add new mods

gouhou

Hello,

I have a weird bug when adding new mods. I use NMM v.0.70.9, which says I have Total plugins: 509, Active plugins: 227, Installed mods:748, Active mods: 664. I mod a lot, this is a big part of the fun for me, in order to have the version of Skyrim that best fits my flavour. My game is well advanced and I have no CTD, no performance issue, no purple textures. I use Loot, Merge Plugins, Wrye Bash, FNIS, DSR Patch.

So, since last week, when I add any new mod, the game loads only skyrim.esm, any other plugin is said missing with the message "This save relies on content that is no longer present." The game loads with only vanilla content. The only way to restore all my content is to de-install the mod and rebuild a bashed patch. I have tried it with seveal mods, same result. I also tried adding a SKSE.ini, no change.

I tried a new game, unistalling some mods to go under 750 limit (just in case), created a new merge to reduce the total active plugins, disabled a lot of thing, even plugins that actually work for a long time, merged new stuff in bashed patch, but when I reactivate some mods, there is always a limit (not very defined when I look at NMM's counts) when the issue comes back.

The last mods I tried to install are Violens, TK Dodge, Flower Girls, Random Emotion, Realistic Boat Bobbing, Animal Bones, Skaal you Need, Dwarven Power Armor.

Anyone can help my please?

You may have hit some kind of memory limit. You have a lot of merged plugins (I'm guessing that's what those M_*.esp are). It's not the maximum number of plugins that you've hit, but maybe the maximum number of records (forms) or something.

You could run Skyrim Performance Monitor to see how high your RAM usage is. If you're not running ENB or ENBoost, then I'd suggest running that, since it increases the memory limit. Similarly, Crash Fixes alters memory allocation. Running out of memory usually causes crashes though, so these things may not help.

It's more likely that the game can't handle that many records, so it just gives up and doesn't load anything. The symptoms are similar to what happens when you go over the 255 plugin limit - plugins just randomly don't get loaded.

Ok, so I ran Skyrim performance monitor and it appears that my VRam and my GPU are at 100% when game is launched.

I have a relatively old PC with medium Video Card: NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti. I always installed texture with 1K and any version that takes care of performance. Same for ENB, I use Vivid Weather.

Do you think this is related to my issue? Do I have to upgrade my computer to continue modding?

I can't see VRAM causing it not to load plugins. 1 GB VRAM is pretty low for modded Skyrim though (with ENB too). You'd probably enjoy the game more if you upgraded your video card.

As for your plugin issues, I still think that it's a limitation of the game. If it were your hardware, then it would more likely crash instead. I mean, you could try modding Special Edition instead since it's a 64-bit game instead of 32-bit. That's no guarantee that the limit is higher though.